2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure if he will go pro, because he only has 1 year of playing defense under his belt, but my favorite pass rusher type is Anthony Barr from UCLA.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

If C.J Mosley makes it to the second ( though unlikely) I would grab him in a heart beat and move Ayers to DE

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I've only watched one game of Elam, so I can't really put much info in... it was the Fl St game and he impressed me, just not as an early first... time to do some YouTubing.

If we win zero games: Top-5
    If we win one game: #6-#10
    If we win two games: #10-#13

I could see us winning 2 games, getting like #12 in the draft... which I wouldn't mind a safety then.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Elam would definitely allow Griffin to miss tackles 25 yards down the field instead of at the line of scrimmage, but he makes zero plays in coverage.

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Whoah. The only reason Barron went top 10 was he was the only legit Safety in the draft last year.(excluding Harrison Smith, who was not predicted to go 1st or even close, but he's has been brilliant in his rookie year). this year there is at least ten Safety's culd go in the first two rounds.

A trade down for Elam seems like a really good idea. I like the Bengals trade down that X proposed. Other teams I could see trading up, Rams to get Joeckal, Jets to get Mingo or Jones if he falls, Steelers for Te'o.

I think Elam's a playmaker. Above all else his atittude and tenacity is what I like the most. A real footballer. He's the type of guy the Ravens would draft.

If we trade down we could go.

1. Elam SS FSU
    2a. Jones C Bama
    2b. TJ McDonald FS USC
    3. Corradine DE FSU
    4. Crichton DE Oregon State
    5. AJ Klein MLB Iowa State
    5.(Comp) Hugh Thornton G Illinois
    7. Dan Buckner WR Arizona

Go after Glenn Dorsey DT and Felix Jones RB in free agency.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

A good safety is going to fall in the 2nd/3rd round because of the crazy depth. I would rather go OL/DL in the 1st and then if a Safety is there in the 2nd go with him then the other position in the 3rd.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Manti Te'o is a franchise changer, we should go after him

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We would have to lose out to have a shot, would love to have him or Jarvis Jones.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

[​IMG]

10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

As much as I like Te'o, why are we screwing with the linebackers? The best part of our Defense.
    I understand the 'don't draft on need' but we are a mess at safety, its an embarrassment.

I say focus on other areas like Pass Rush, both safety positions and O'line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar