2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

McCarthy cant stay healthy.
    Ayers goes to DE.
    Teo to WLB

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I understand where your going with it, but I still don't agree.

Leave Ayers where he is, he's been excellent. He should be blitzing more for sure.
    Zack Brown has been very impressive at WLB.
    McCarthy got hurt, and was never 100%, i suspect he came back a little quick. I'm willing to wait another season to see if he actually made of glass, rather than blast a top ten pick on another LB.

3. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

What can I say? You made a mighty fine list. Mighty fine.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Move Ayers to DE, pass rush is his strength, he can also tackle, as of now he is only a sure bet to blitz to have an impact, +DE needs depth

LB, interior O annd Dline, Safety help in FA

Draft:
    1. Dline (Id like an elite DT really)
    2. S
    3. OG
    4. C/LB
    5 C/LB
    7. DE/RB/S/OT

I think if that is the outline for the offseason, we will be m.uch improved next year.

5. xpmar9x

I still think that switching to 3-4 defense is the best idea.. then go for an elite DL our "Ngata or Justin Smith". Theres three guys that stand out to me: Star Lotulelei, Johnathan Jenkins, and Johnathan Hankins. Draft one of them for NT. Casey/Martin/Klug/Morgan all go to 34 DE. Pickup a vet cheap FA NT for depth. Wimbley & Ayers to OLB, pickup a 3rd-4th round OLB for depth and a average FA. Brown, McCarthy, and Shaw play ILB. Follow up with a vet #3 CB (would play RCB, moving Vern back to slot). Get rid of Griffin, don't care the cost. Draft a S Rd 2 and pickup a FA to replace Babs. [3rd round is used on G/C]. So here's my DREAM defensive switch:

[Trade back in 1st w/ Bengals & Pickup There 1st/2nd]
    1st Rd: John Jenkins, NT, UGA
    2nd Rd: Matt Elam, SS, FLORIDA
    2nd Rd: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford (don't see Cook returning)
    3rd Rd: best G/C prospect avail
    4th Rd: Sio Moore, OLB, UCONN
    4th Rd: Rashard Hall, FS, CLEM (comp from Finny)

Release/Trade/Kill: Michael Griffin

Free agent signing: Jairus Byrd (PAY the man), vet CB, cheap NT, & OLB (Erik Walden?)

New D/C: Ron Rivera

-------------------- Martin/Klug ---- Jenkins ---- Casey/Morgan ------------------
    -------Ayers ----------------- Brown -------------- McCarthy ---------------- Wimbley ------
    McC --------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Verner
    ---------------------Elam----------------------------------Byrd--------------------------------

DREAM.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

With all the injuries to our offensive line and lack of talent at the position do you really think we are going to wait til the 3rd round for an offensive lineman and be the only one we draft that early?

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

8. xpmar9x

Possibly. Although Roos/Stewart had an off year, they're still way better than tackles on many other teams. Hutchinson obviously isn't his elite form, but he's still an above average guard. Velasco has played very well as a fill-in center and I believe he earned a starting spot. The offense line has looked decent after starting out terrible at the begining of the year. We could use a guard to replace Deuce/Harris. That's when the 3rd rounder comes into play, look at Peter Konz. He was a late 2nd and is producing year one, we can get the same thing hopefully. I could see us going G/C in the 2nd over Ertz in my mock too.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

All I want is the Titans to somehow land Matt Elam & Barrett Jones. Both are projected late-1st, get me them both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar