Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 23 users.
  1. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,274
    MLB prospects and thoughts

Te'o -6'2 - 245

Pros -- Reads runs and play actions very well. Doesn't bite on play action and reads the o line to decide his actions. Good hands. Heavy hitter with plus instincts. Strong leadership. Fiery player. Rarely makes a mistake in his reads. Run stop and play action reads I grade as an A

Cons -- heavy footed at times. Not "slow" but not really quick either. Tackling technique is sloppy. Head first and will whiff on tackles going for a big hit. I'd grade his coverage skills as a C

Aurther Brown -- 6'1 - 223

Pros -- Quick. Fluid hips and decent coverage skills. Though a tad on the light side. Makes proper reads with o line. Decent tackling

Cons -- Doesn't always trust his reads though and sometimes finds himself outta place trying to chase down the run. Doesn't get off blocks really well. Questionable motor?

Kevin Minter -- 6'2 - 245

Pros -- thick thumper. Makes some really spectacular plays in the back field. Has played on a pro style defense and good in run defense.

Cons -- not exactly light of foot, doesn't read the o line well and will bite on play action. Not going to have awesome coverage skills.

Mike Mauti -- 6'2 - 239

Pros -- moves faster than his body type should. Reads qbs eyes and breaks on the ball. Plays big. Decent hands and coverage skill. Special teamer. Good tackler will blitz and get a decent push at times. Aggressive with good motor.

Cons -- will bite on the occasional play action. Gets blocked off the ball sometimes and has trouble getting a release.

Mauti is gonna make a GM look really smart in the second round.
  2. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,722
    You realize that Mauti suffered his 3rd ACL tear in the last 4 years?
  3. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,274
    Sure didnt. That's disappointing
  4. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,722
    I'm not really sure where that puts him in draft projections, but he is still well worth a late pick or free agent signing.

Gerald Hodges is going to be a great linebacker for someone, too.
  5. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,274
    Yea that injury is always a concern. Another McCarthy? 4/5 round? Eh.
  6. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,722
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  7. griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,667
    after last nights game....i hope we take matt elam in the first, he is the next ed reed...their corners couldnt cover a dead fly but he lays the wood and is an excellent player
  8. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Brown
    Moolah:
    $13,738
    I'm warming up to the idea of Chance Warmack at 10 if we don't trade back. Obviously if we move back a few spots he would be the guy I want but really who cares if it's a reach. Guard is our biggest need/weakness right now and he's the best Guard in the draft and is one of the best I've seen in a while. Drafting our biggest need first gives us a lot more possibilities for the next few rounds. We can go Matt Elam, BPA on the DL, or even go with a CB.

Te'o is my 1b and if we miss out on him we should stay away from the MLB position for a while and just sign someone for depth when McCarthy goes down again. If we pass on OL in the 1st we can only hope someone good like a Barrett Jones falls to us in the 2nd.
  9. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Brown
    Moolah:
    $13,738
    Warmack/Jones vs the Notre Dame DL is going to be great to watch
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  10. Tennessy XO Part time love is the life 'round here

McNair
    Moolah:
    $6,019
    Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
    Height: 6-7.