2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Dion will be a first rounder. He resembles the body of Aldon Smith and look how much Aldon jumped up the board after his combine. I could see Dion as a Top-15.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

And I don't really feel DE is that great of a need that early. Cuz like you said, first round

3. xpmar9x

1st Rd - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzour
    2nd Rd - Kenny Vaccarro, S, Texas
    3rd Rd - Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois
    4th Rd - Kevin Reddick, ILB, UNC
    5th Rd - Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah St
    6th Rd - John Sullen, OG, Auburn
    7th Rd - Wes Horton, DE, USC

FA: Legit OG. #2 capable CB. #3 DE.

4. xpmar9x

We need DEs, just not first rounders.. unless we believe he'll be a legit playmaker (Bjoern Werner). Morgan had a good year, Wimbley sucked.. but he's getting $ and I believe will get better. We need depth, but that can be found in the 3rd+ rounds and free agency.

1st Round: Playmaking DT, Te'o, Matt Elam, or OG/C.

5. xpmar9x

Also, don't sleep on the Titans and Dee Milliner. I love Dee, I think he has legit #1 elite CB potential. He's got the size, not sure how sold our FO is on Verner, he'll be in a contract year next year... and it better suited for NB role. McCourty + Milliner + Verner would be solid, but we do have bigger needs than CB. BUT we said that last year when we took Kendall.

6. Clark

Wimbly was questionable against the run but had just as many QB hurries as Morgan. They didnt do bad at all. The area we have no pressure is in the middle. Star would change this front 7. Te'o might bring some fire to it. We have to get someone in the secondary to be a true leader with some fire... Verner was quoted saying the secondary lacks confidence and aggressiveness...

7. Clark

That's also a good call... If Te'o and star are gone and they arnt sold on Warmack...

8. xpmar9x

Teo provides leadership, but so does McCarthy. I don't see Teo being available, but I doubt the Titans take him. McCarthy has been injury prone.. but with all our other needs I see us taking a risk on a healthy year from him.

Star would change the front 7, but again.. unlikely he's available. We have young guys in Casey and Martin. Martin looked darn good but got limited snaps. We need to see Casey & Martin more and KLUG, not Marks.

I'm sold on Matt Elam. He has confidence and aggressive play that would help out the entire secondary. Trade back like 5-10 picks, and take Elam. Use the addt'l picks on fixing the OL and potentially another DT. I would love for the Titans to go HARD after Henry Melton & Andy Levitre, then draft like:

1st (trade back): Matt Elam
    2nd: OG/C/CB/DE
    3rd: OG/C/CB/DE <-- from 1st round trd back (potentially 2nd)
    3rd: OG/C/CB/DE

I'd rather us trade back than go Milliner, but I wouldn't be too upset if they took him.

9. Clark

We should be getting an additional third as a comp pick too. Hopefully.

10. xpmar9x

I doubt it. Finny didn't have a great year, got a big ole contract... but brining and Hutch/Wimbley might change that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar