2013 Tennessee Volunteers

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Well it is that time again. Football Time in Tennessee.

It is a new start (again) for Tennessee football with Coach Butch Jones. I wasn't real excited about the hire but he has grown in me.

He says the right stuff, practices have been impressive from the stuff I'm hearing coming out of Knoxville and now we have this...

[​IMG]

I love it, I'm actually excited for this team this year. (post-Dooley, wanted Dooley fired after his 2nd year)

I believe they can win 7 games and will beat somebody they should have no business beating this season.

Oregon, Florida or South Carolina will fall to Tennessee this year. Believe it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

The gloves are sick.

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Don't be surprised if the Vols beat Austin Peay by 40+ pts. They're a small school here in Clarksville. Might as well be playing a good High School team.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

It is going to take time...but they have a coach that I think can actually get this team to over achieve and beat someone they maybe they shouldn't. Fans have to give him time. I was skeptical of the hire as well, but day one he has done everything right. He is recruiting a great class, rallying the base and more so, bringing the former players back into the fold. He is uniting the fans. If we win 7 games that would be huge. Next year will be tough because we lose so much on the offense and def lines.

It's nice to have some positive vibes out of the hill...been a awhile.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

He will get the same three year window as the rest. I believe he brings Tennessee back to relevance but it is to early to say he is the guy for the next 10-15 years

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

IMO the Vols will not run up the score, but they will go deep into their roster.

I think it is one of those comfortable 31-10 type of games

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'm interested to see what this team does going to Eugene, Oregon.

Do they get run out of the stadium or do they give Oregon a game?

I fully expect them to get beat by Alabama, Georgia and Oregon.

Games they might make interesting or even miraculously win, South Carolina and Florida. I think both are overrated.

Toss up games against Auburn and Vanderbilt.

Should beat Missouri and Kentucky and the non conference nobody games against South Alabama, AP and WKU.

There are six to seven wins there. 7 if you go .500 in the SEC.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

6-6 season. End of story. They simply can't get any worse than they were last year, but how much better have they gotten?

I'm not buying into the hype.

Of course they'll blowout Austin Peay. That game has 49-7 written all over it. As for Oregon, who knows now that Chip Kelly is gone, but I think we all know UT ain't winning that game. If they lose by less than 20, Butch Jones is a god.

They'll lose to WKU though.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

WKU is not any better than Cincinatti last year and UT handled them

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

New uniform is very good, kids/recruits will love it. The vols will win 8 or so, make a bowl. Lose to the biggies but put up a good game. (hell compared to last year's D just not rolling over will be a win).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar