Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

2013 Titans starting QB.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Mar 19, 2013.

?

2013 Starting QB.

Jake Locker 39 vote(s) 84.8%
Ryan Fitzpatrick 7 vote(s) 15.2%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,363
    I better and should be Locker, Fitzpatrick isn't doing anything here except being a solid back up in case Locker goes down.
  2. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,336
    That is how I feel. There is a lot of potential with Locker. I love having Fitzy as the backup. He is a gamer. However, he will never be more than a great backup or a below average to average starter. Which will not cut it in the long term in the NFL. Jake has not yet reached his full potential. We owe it to ourselves to stick with Jake and see what where we can go with him rather than settle for Fitzy as the starter.
  3. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,686
    You guys are insane if you think Fitzpatrick has more than a 0% chance of starting. This isn't a competition.
  4. Cajun_Titan_33 Starter

Griffin
    Moolah:
    $1,185
    I see no possibility of Fitz taking over, besides injury. It's clear Locker is the starter. Hopefully he shows us he deserves it.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,045
    Disagree.

If Locker plays like ass in the preseason and Fitzpatrick looks good, then Locker's ass play continue to start the season, how long do you think a coach fighting for his job will stick with ass QB play?

If Locker stinks he'll get benched, it isn't even a question.
    Titanup1982, titantrusince82, mike75 and 2 others high five this.
  5. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,556
    I would say: BOTH.

Locker of course will start week 1. no doubt.

If he is great, he will remain starter... If it looks like we're 8-8 or worse, I bet they'll be trigger happy on pulling him. It's do or die time for all coaches in Nashville, and for Locker. Careers of Munch and he are in serious jeopardy right now. If we repeat last season: Munch will never sniff a head coaching position again, and locker will never be anything but a 2nd stringer.
  6. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,869
    Jake of course. Dumb question.
  7. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458
    No he wasn't. Post his pretty decent stats and our win losses. Fitzpatrick was also in crappy buffalo and managed to throw quite a few touchdowns as well.
  8. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,152
    748 yards
    67 completions / 104 attempts (64 completion precentage)
    4 TD - 2 INTs

He had a decent game against the Patriots, a bad game against the Chargers, and a great game against the Lions; all of those games were put up while Chris Johnson had less then 50 yards rushing.

Locker was noticeably worst after he reinjured his shoulder in week 4 against the Texans. He may not be the answer but if he is healthy and actually given a running game he can be effective.
  9. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,686
    I think Locker could definitely get benched during the season.

I think he would have to be monumentally bad (like forgetting-how-to-throw bad) to lose the job in training camp. That's the issue I was responding to. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough. Somebody said that there would be an open competition in camp. There won't be.

So, I think we're actually in agreement here.