2013 Titans Starting Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I must be thinking of something else. According to Wikipedia Stewart was inactive for all 16 games his rookie year.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

#1 OL target we need to go hard after.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Yeah, Stewarts problems were holding calls because he was incapable of staying in front of the athletic d-ends going up against him...sliding him over to guard would be perfect...it's the same position except you're not on an island and you go against slower defenders...I don't see how he could be worse at guard than tackle...The fact is, he can't be our RT anymore...he sucked this season just as bad(if not worse) than the guards and centers we say are horrible. I don't want to give up on him, that's why I would like to try this...if we're not willing to do that then we just gotta let him go.

Also, there are so many more good tackles in free agency than guards...Levitre's price tag is going to be through the roof because he's basically the only good one out there. Getting a guy like Andre Smith, Ryan Clady, Eben Britton, Jermon Bushrod, or Branden Albert would be cheaper, they'd all be upgrades over Stewart at RT and we'd also be able to move another good lineman over to a position that requires less athleticism.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think you are going to see a change in the tackle position shortly. Defensive ends are coming out much smaller than they used to be and are much more athletic because of it. I expect to see tackles that are shorter and lighter than the Ohers' Roos' and Ogdens' of late to combat the hybrid defensive ends. This will probably push 3-4 defensive ends through the roof though.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Now that, my friend, is a hell of an assumption...lol...did Roos have problems blocking those lil ****heads? I agree, the days of the fat, slow tackles(stewart) are numbered, but there are plenty of big men that have good feet(roos).

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well look at what some of these tweener defensive ends are doing to these guys.

I am not saying you are going to see a 250 pound tackle, but a 6'5'' 280/290 pound guy......maybe. The game is getting faster. You are no longer beating teams by out muscling them and those that do are tiring out by the time the playoffs come around.

It might even get to the point where you carry a few of these guys and sub them out like you do on the defensive side.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Subbing OL's sounds like a recipe for freshly baked false starts.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

J Falk: I too have commented many times about moving Stewy inside down the line.

For one, I really think his nastiness and power will be very well served inside. Also, he still has very quick feet for a man his size, meaning as a pulling 'G' on run plays he could be more than deadly. I can actually see him being a monster at both pass and run blocking inside - while also setting the tone for what could be a mean interior moving forward.

The third point is in relation to Valz. I have always been a fan of him, and in one year he proved to be a good C (for a new position and all). In one game starting at G this year, it wasn't his best showing, but I remember him during spot duty prior to becoming a starter, he played very well at G, and it was his natural position.

So this actually gives us flexibility in the draft to get the best G or C, whichever available, preferably at the 2nd round for good value, then starting Valz accordingly.

This would actually be my perfect scenario, assuming we can pick up a good RT during Free Agency. I still feel that Roos has played at a high level - also still proving to be a top 5 or at least a top 10 LT relative to the league.

Finally, this leaves no place for Hutch as a starter, however, during any year you will have injures on the line, so its very important to have good experienced backups who can come in during the year and clean up - hello Hutch! Also, I think he will be an asset on the sidelines. I know we paid him a lot (i think?) but keeping him for a year (with our mad cap space) will really help.

Harris - I assume he's gone. Not just for recent inconsistent play and injury but also we gave him a 2 year deal @ a time where both G's were cashing in and he was playing well. However, if we can get him for a good deal, then the same as I said with Hutch, doesn't hurt to have depth.

As for good ol' Amano, I really hope we cut him... I can't believe how much we are paying him. I'd take Harris over Amano for sure...

9. Titanz1981

Titanz1981 Camp Fodder

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Here is my offseason, more of a wishlist because I would be shocked if this actually happened:
    OB- Locker
    RB- Ball (3rd round pick) I think it would be wise for Tennessee to release Johnson.
    WR- Britt, Wright
    TE- Cook ( I think he gets the franchise tag)
    RT- Roos
    RG- Stewart
    C- Warford (2nd round pick)
    LG- Levitre (FA acquistion)
    LT- Long (FA acquistion)
    Defense We should move to a 3-4
    DE- Casey
    DT- Hampton (FA acquistion)
    DE- Morgan
    OLB- Ayers
    ILB- McCarthy
    ILB- Te'o (1st round draft pick)
    OLB- Brown/Wimbley
    CB- McCourty
    CB- Verner
    SS- Martin (I like this kid I think he works his way into starting role next year)
    FS- Griffin
    K- Hopkins (6th round pick)
    P- Kern

I think that team can compete, but I don't know if Pittsburgh will let Hampton go. Personally I don't think Te'o will be on the board when we pick, and I don't think the Titans will release Johnson. This is what I would try and do this offseason though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar