2014 College Football Season Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Funny you should mention this. A guy at work brought it up today, I hate to say it but I had forgotten about Drake since the injury. But yeah, he was a vital part of our offense before he went down. Would've definitely experienced an undefeated season had he not gone down.

Mind you, my comment about the West being down were focused on the past two years. I certainly expect Bama to thump some fools next year. Anyone who knows anything about Alabama football knew this was a rebuilding year for us. If we can be ranked number one while rebuilding...

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well that's why Shula isn't coaching at Bama anymore. Bad enough his starters were still in at that time.

Also, running the ball up the middle would've worked just fine with Ragland and Collins out. The game was over at that point. Throwing the ball deep and risking not only the clock stopping but also a turnover or injury wasn't wise. Plenty of Ohio St fans I talked to afterwards were upset as well. It was a lowball move by Urban. I'm not angry about it but I and hopefully Saban will remember when the eventual rematch between the 2 happens.

Congrats on the win. You guys showed up and played well, we couldn't get our heads out of our butts.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Expecting big things from Drake next year. Him, Henry wearing down defenses, Bo coming in, and then Tenpenny/Jones getting garbage time good lord what a stable of backs. I love Yeldon but Alabama could easily have 4 rotation backs next year and not miss a beat statistically.

I do think the SEC has had a bump down. It's usually one program carrying the load waiting for another team to reload and carry the torch (LSU then UF then Bama).Unfortunately (for SEC lovers) no one really stepped up after Bama's prime 3-4 seasons. The scary part is, after 2015, the Tide could very well go on a crazy 3 year stretch. It kind of amazes me Bama was able to even make the playoff this season. I thought they were the best entering the playoff but that's clearly Oregon now. 2015 will probably be a lot like this season with a new QB and questionable DB play but after 2015? Good lord it's going to be ridiculous. Blake Barnett at QB, plenty of weapons, young defensive line in prime year, and the young DBs we have now will all be ready. 2016-2018 will be a tough out for opponents to get.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The sec butthurt remains strong in this thread! Too bad all sec teams couldn't play ohio state schedule, then we would've had 4 sec teams in the playoffs!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  5. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

[​IMG]

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

And Tennessee still wouldn't make it.

They suck, get over it.

Ohio State is the greatest.

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I don't think it was a good call but I don't see it as a lowball move. I'd much rather have seen a run or quick throw to keep the clock running but I also viewed it as a move to ensure the win, not a move to try and run up the score.

9. 8and8

8and8 Starter

They would all have ended up with two losses, Wisconsin and Michigan State and apparently some would have lost to Indiana like the SEC East champ.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If only your conference had a month off to prepare for every game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar