2014 FA list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Me either, which is why I left off about 12 names.

This group of free agent LB's is old as dirt, and most of them had knee injuries this past year or last. Watch a lot of teams go LB early this draft, its the only way to get a good LB this time around.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Historically LBer is one of the safest early draft picks you can make. The bust rate on them is lower than most other positions. They also can immediately contribute on STs coverage units even if they aren't ready to be a full time starter.

I really think that for us to be able to truely go BPA in the draft that we have to address the MLBer position in FA. Otherwise we might be forced to reach for a MLBer in the draft. We just can't go into the draft with Fokou and McCarthy sitting atop our depth chart at MLber.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wonder if Griffin is close w/ Orakpo? They were both at Texas at the same time... That would be insane to sign Orakpo.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There are only 2 MLB's worth trying to sign. Arthur Moats and Brandon Spikes. Everyone else is older and beaten up.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Their are several productive 3-4 Olbers on the market.

You have your old guys like Phillips and Pace who still both had 10 sacks this year.

Other young guys to consider are Jason Worilds. I know that he has been a disappointment to the Steelers, but the light finally came on a little this yr and he had 8 sacks. Brian Robison from the Vikings has the athletic ability to convert to a 3-4 Olber and he has had 3 straight yrs of 8 or more sacks.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Not very interested in the old guys, would rather go for a younger group.

Can't have enough pass rushers though, especially when we only have one on our team.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

signing one older linebacker is a good idea, imo. We have a couple young guys with promise, ayers brown gooden mccarthy, but none are proven. A good older to guy in the line up would be a good addition

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am warming up to the idea of signing Orakpo, as I don't want to reach for a pass rusher and I doubt one is available.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm with that too. Any idea how bad his injury was? I wonder if he's close to being healthy for this coming season.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

honestly he injury was new to me.

Washington, to me, is one of the more boring teams to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar