2014 Head Coach Candidates

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans23, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

Who's all out there for head coach's in 2014? I'd really like to see Greg Roman the 49ers OC! The offense could be deadly with our weapons….we just need a coach to implement the right scheme! Well and for Locker to stay healthy for 16 games.

Others to note that I've found looking around:
    - Lovie Smith (I've watched a lot a Bear's football and not a big fan of his. Really Munchak 2.0)
    - Jon Gruden
    - Bill Cower? (Rumor had it he wanted to come back next year since his kids were grown up)
    - Kevin Sumlin (Texas A&M HC)
    - David Shaw (Standford HC)
    - Pep Hamilton (Indy OC)
    - Jay Gruden

Thoughts?

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

NOT PEP! I'll take David Shaw or Nick Saban. Just not someone who's as incompetent as Munch.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

i like the Cowher idea, he'd bring the attitude and discipline this team needs to reach the next level.

4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Pencil me in for David Shaw.

Also always been a big fan of Chucky.

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I doubt Munch gets canned.

6. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

Michael Munchak

8. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I say take your long shot at Gruden. Then David Shaw. Always loved him

9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I just don't see Gruden, nor Cowher coming here. Gruden turned down the Vols. I see them both holding out for a big market team, rather than Nashville.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't want a coach who has been out of the game for several years and has to be begged to come out. I just don't think Gruden or Cowher are motivated enough to coach again. Both have a ring.

Shaw would be a great coach given his success after Luck. He made a couple of terrible decisions in the Oregon game that could have cot them like throwing a fade pass in the end zone with only 5 seconds left in a half. The time ran out but they luckily got an interference penalty that allowed them to kick a field goal.

Lovie produces good defenses and his track record is better than Munch so i don't get how he is no different than Munch. We need to build our team from the defense.

Pep Hamilton actually has more experience in the nfl than in college. He has been a QB coach for several teams. I would have no problem with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar