2014 NFL Draft : Pick #112 - DT DaQuan Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I feel like McCluster is essentially the 4th receiver. Walker will go to the slot on occasion. Preston is outside depth. ...and it isn't impossible to pick up someone during the season. Brandon Lloyd was without a job all year last year. Stevie Johnson was just traded for a pick, etc. We'll be fine there.

I wouldn't have minded taking a receiver, but I liked Abbrederis in the 5th.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't think we needed any WR depth, unless a stud fell to us. I did like Abbrederis, and w/ Rodgers he'll look like a steal. However Wright, Hunter, Washington, & Preston I think we're fine (this year). McCluster will see time at WR, we'll use him like a Sproles/Harvin. Next year look for WR in the 2nd-3rd to replace Washington, unless Preston steps up.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

6'5

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I concur with what you observed but I still do see him as a steal. The fact is that DT's taken in the 4th and after aren't normally as versatile as this guy is. While he did have an ugly game vs Ohio St. he did show flashes of dominance against other teams which is something I rarely see from late round DTs. I would be concern if this was a guy we took in the 2nd or maybe 3rd but for the 4th round this guy has some skills.

He also showed a limited ability to rush the passer from the DE spot which was nice just to see how athletic he is. I also like that he actually has a pass rush move outside of the bull rush which is another trait that is rare among late round DTs. I didn't like the pick because I wanted Pierre Desir or Walt Aikens but this guy is somewhat of a steal.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He's not even 6'4

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Who was he playing across from though? Watkins was their stud and their #1 option, they pretty much centered their offense around him. Two years ago he was playing with Watkins and Hopkins.

The point I was making was we already have a player just like Jones, in Al Woods, Ruston even said as much. Plus we have like 11 defensive lineman already, it's not like passing on Jones would have put us at in a pinch at the position. At WR however, we have 3 that are the clear cut top guys. If one of those go down, especially Wright, we could be in for a long year.

I just don't understand the logic of passing on a 6'5 WR, with sub 4.4 speed to bring in a clone of a guy you already have.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Should have taken Brandon Coleman in 7th...stay where we were in 6, Mettenberger would probably still be there?? and use the 7th on Coleman.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I wanted Coleman bad too but I hear there are grave concerns about his knees. They gotta be really bad because a guy who played at a D1 A school, is 6'6 225 , runs a 4.5 40 and has decent hands is someone that would normally go at the latest in the 4th. I hear he signed with NO so we'll see of he has the goods.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Everyone says playing across from Watkins is a bad thing. That makes not a damn bit of sense to me. Should mean he's seeing nothing but single coverage every snap. In a spread offense that passes the ball about 35 times a game and with his amount of athleticism he should have been better.

Maybe he's a better version of Woods? I mean, Woods might be a nice player, but he'll never be a starter. iI Jones is starter material and Woods is good depth then it was a great move. And Woods is here on a 2-year contract, so it isn't like the team sees him as the long-term answer right now.

10. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Its gonna depend on our quality of coaching as to what this guy turns out to be. I liked alot of what I saw, there was a lot I didnt like as well. OSU /MINN were not impressive at all in my opinion. Very much mixed bag vs Syracuse. Absolutely fantastic vs Michigan. Guess thats why the inconsistency tag is on him a bit. I can concede that it wasnt a reach. Might have been petty theft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar