2014 NFL Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Evans disappears in too many games.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm all in on Clowney, Barr, or Mack. If one of these guys are not available, I believe we should trade back. With a new coaching staff, they'll want some new blood to mix it up. I'm willing to trade back to the late teens/early 20s. That would put us in play for players like: Nix III, Dennard, Mosley, Hageman, Martin, Kouandjio, Ealy, and Antonio Richardson to name a few.

Last year Buffalo traded #8 & #71 to the Rams for #16, #46, #78, and #222. Here's a trade we could do.. #11 & 4th for #20ish, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. It would work on the trade value chart. We move back nearly 10 spots in the first, put pickup a 2nd/3rd and move back with our 4th. Very possible. Sammy Watkins will be off the board, in todays league somebody will be looking to trade up for the #2 WR (Evans or Lee). Teams I could see trading up for a WR: PIT (15), BAL (16), NYJ (18), KC (23), CIN (24), & CAR (28). My preference would be NYJ, KC, or CIN. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

1st Rd: Dee Ford
    2nd Rd: Stephon Tuitt
    2nd Rd: RB of choice (Carey, Mason, Hyde, Sankey)
    3rd Rd: Offensive Tackle
    4th Rd: AJ McCarron
    5th Rd: NT

That would be a dream draft for me. We pickup a potential stud OLB & DE. With that draft we keep Pollard & Verner. We also target an ILB (Dansby or Butler) & another NT in free agency. Grind out the run (Greene + 2nd rd RB), have an elite defense, and than Locker/McCarron managing the pass.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Booooo Dee Ford.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not a fan of the 9-technique?

5. xpmar9x

Favorite prospects:
    Khalil Mack
    Sammy Watkins
    Carlos Hyde
    Marion Grice
    Stephon Tuitt

6. Fry

Just not really getting why all of a sudden he jumped into the first round. It happened after the Senior Bowl. First sack he was clearly offsides. Second sack Logan Thomas held onto the ball forever. Tipped pass he was unblocked.

Great.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

People live in the moment, I see exactly what youre saying about him, but he stood out among all his peers. No one else in that game really jumped out at me and made me take notice of them. James White did have 2 nice stiff arms, and Jordan Tripp made some nice plays, but Ford got MVP, he made a case for himself.

8. xpmar9x

Remember, in my mock i'm projected a trade back to early 20s. Ford wouldn't be a huge reach at 23/24.

9. Fry

I'd rather just stay at 11 and pick someone worth a first round pick.

I just went back to 2005 and couldn't find a pass rusher picked in the first round Dee Ford's size who has been successful. Aaron Maybin, Jerry Hughes and Bruce Irvin are the only guys drafted under 250 lbs and none of them have worked out. I guess the book is still out on Irvin, but 2013 wasn't a good year.

10. xpmar9x

I'm all for trading back if Mack/Barr aren't available at #11. We need more picks, lots of holes.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar