2014 NFL Free Agency Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Cam Thomas is a guy i'm looking at. He shouldn't be very expensive. He's 27, started 10 games for the Chargers at NT last year. We need a true NT and Cam is 6'4 330. He should be able to come in and fight for a starting job, hopefully vs SLH & a later round rookie.

Cheap signing, potential starter, brings out the competition.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I hope we can sign Anthony Collins from Cincinnati, Walter Thurmond from Seattle, and Toby Gerhart from Minnesota.

Anthony Collins can play either LT or RT and had a great season for the Bengals. He would start at RT for us this season (replacing David Stewert) and can slide over next year if we decide to replace Roos. Collins has never gotten the chance to be a long term starter so that should keep his price tag in a decent range.

Walter Thurmond is a big, physical CB that can come in and either play nickle for us or play opposite of McCourty once Verner leaves. Thurmond isn't going to be a guy who breaks the bank and gives us a more experienced option at CB other then Sensabaugh and Wilson.

Toby Gerhart is a guy that I think could be a good starting HB in the NFL but has never gotten a shot due to backing up AD. Gerhart would come in and be part of a HB by committee approach with Greene, Battle, and a mid round pick.

Then finish off the offseason with this draft. (Note: I have us trading down in the 2nd to get an extra 3rd).
    Round 1) Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA -- Pass rusher that can play OLB or DE.
    Round 2) Shane Skov, LB, Stanford -- Another linebacker that can play outside or inside.
    Round 3) JaWaan James, OT, Tennessee -- Future RT if we decide to move on from Roos.
    Round 4) Beau Allen, NT, Wisconson -- NT depth and eventual replacement for SLH/
    Round 5) James White, HB, Wisconson -- Good HB that can play a our change of pace HB.
    Round 6) BPA
    Round 7) BPA

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

Collins took a huge step down last year, if I remember right. In fact I believe they moved him to RG.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Would never replace Nate with Lance Moore. Hopefully Hunter is that big red zone target. He flashed those skills last year.

Lamarr Houston
    Karlos Dansby
    Arthur Jones

Give me just 1 and I'll be pretty happy.

Shields' is a good corner but he's been injury plagued which makes his contract pretty ridiculous. Verner might actually get more than 10 million, which is CRAZY. Gonna miss him though man, he's an excellent pro.

I really like Coty Sensabaugh. I think he's quietly been progressing very nicely. Blidi has potential too.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

No Collins was moved to LT ans Whitwerth slide inside to LG. Neither took a step back but their LG was playing poorly. If anything Collins was the reason the Bengals OL was able to survive injuries like they did.

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Antonio Cromartie was just cut by the jets. If we lose Verner I would like him if he isn't asking for a ton

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

No to Cromartie IMO. Best days behind him. "Name" may land him more $ than deserved.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Risk/reward guy. If he takes a fair deal... Maybe. If he gouges... Forget it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Pollard + Cromartie = SWAG CITY

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

Ah, I must of gotten Collins and Whitwerth confused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar