2014 Titans Defense Will Be Whisenhunt's Best Unit:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JimmyTitan, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

JCB sidetracked us trying to make a point

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I'm a 4th year engineering major. I interned with a company that flipped real estate.

The job involved designing, drawing, and constructing various aspects of these houses.

My advisor was a civil engineer that designed bridges of all things. I can tell you from personal experience that you saying destroying a bridge is harder than constructing one probably came right out your ***. But it is still a completely asinine statement.

At most, a deconstruction project is simply going to undue the steps of construction in reverse order. And that is almost never going to happen in civil construction.

Now, if you are talking about which is harder individual labour at the site, I don't really care.

But it is just foolish to say deconstructing a bridge takes more effort than building it(on the whole). Given the drawings and blueprints of the bridge, I could come up with a deconstruction plan in a day that would meet whatever state codes it needed to.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 615nick

615nick Starter

It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, sorry for getting sidetracked. But I will tell that in the demo of a bridge especially one that is being used while being taken down is much harder than building one. my family does both. just for instance, the bridge that im taking down had six build exactly like it. None failed during construction. While being taken down 2 of them have came off balance and fell. we cut bridges down, not knock them down. Not saying at all that building and designing one is easy.

But, this unit definitely has the ability to be really good. This year, I don't expect anything close to whizs best d he has coached.

4. The Hammer

It is a complicated defense. Whis has himself admitted that they will not be able to install everything before the seasons starts.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not really

6. JCBRAVE

IDK how anyone can say it's easier to build something up from zero than to ruin someone else's plans. i.e. Defense

IMO defenses come together faster than offenses, thus my reasoning for saying we'll have a better D than O

7. The Hammer

Look. Nick does it for a living. He is not demolishing some second story crapper but a huge ass bridge. I have to assume he knows what he is talking about.

8. JCBRAVE

You're wrong about this but does it even matter lol

9. The Hammer

I am right and you know it but cannot admit it. It does mean nothing though.

10. JCBRAVE

You're right, I can not admit that installing offenses is easier than installing defenses. But I'm pretty sure that's what I've been saying all along

Defense takes off faster than offense do in the early stages of training camp. So based on that, you have to see why I say our D will be what propels us forward.

Hell, even freaking Jimmy knows this! C'mon Hammer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar