2014 Titans Defense Will Be Whisenhunt's Best Unit:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JimmyTitan, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Inherently defense is much simpler than offense. As of now defense is probably harder to execute but the installation process is still much simpler. With some offensive systems just learning the terminology is daunting, defensive plays are relatively simpler. The issue is that building a top 5-10 talent-wise is harder than building a top 5-10 offense if we ignore the QB position that is. If you have a good QB building that offense is easy as hell. No defensive position has that kind of importance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

On defense everone has to know everything. Outside the qb on offense each guy only has to know their role. Also defenses have more to prepare to face.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No. On defense info is shared. On O info is all on the shoulders of the QB. Yes if you get the QB spot all figuredout O is easy, but there's less than 10 franchise QBs you can put that weight on.

4. The Hammer

You know we are right Cody

5. JCBRAVE

Ok Greg

6. The Hammer

Man you do not even know my name

7. JCBRAVE

You never told me. On twitter your first name is ithe. Is that it?

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

of course it's harder to "Install" a good qb. But, overall d is a harder unit to execute. With our qb situation it will be hard to Install the new system

9. JCBRAVE

Idk, I've been around several teams and in my time it's always been defenses who take off and make an impact early, not offense. And all things considered, our D is in better position to excel than the O.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

I agree with your last statement and that does not bode well for our team. If we had a definite full season starter at qb, you would say the opposite. if this coaching staff had denvers team to teach the new system you would agree with me and hammer. That is one position that an entire unit leans on, a d is a true unit that leans on each player to execute one weak link and the chain fails. With a good qb you could have 3 or 4 weak links on o and it would still look good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar