Breaking News 2014 Titans Roster Cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Preditan, Aug 25, 2014.

1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

The Bengals just released Tyler Wilson. Any chance they cut Dominique Davis and bring Wilson back for practice squad?
  2. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

Just a hunch...I'm leaning that Hagan would be released over Preston. Seems every year a decent WR or two gets cut and they may look to upgrade the back-ups. A new back up CB should be first priority though.

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Alright. I was worried you had some inside info or something lol. Fingers crossed for Preston.
  4. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I think we can all be happy that Tommie Campbell is no longer on the team.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

He just didn't have it. If you're 6'3, 215+, and run a sub 4.4 but still can't cover after 3+ seasons in the NFL, then there is little hope for you. Now we can use that spot for a guy that can cover, hopefully not another project corner.
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol... Dude who cares about Wilson?

He obviously isn't very good. When you go from a 4th round draft pick (as a QB) to being cut by three teams in one year, you probably need to find another profession.

And we have Mettenberger who is the clear heir if Locker doesn't pan out.
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Mariani out? Bummer, best return man we had.
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Starter

He does in Madden 15 lol

Also, Surprised and bummed about Mariani. Hope someone picks him up, ideally in the NFC.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

He has been incredibly blessed by his fortune of playing with Fisher's son. He would have never got a sniff at the NFL if not for his connections. He should have nothing but gratitude if he has played his last nfl snap/kick return. He did earn everything he got, though. It's crazy how many potential solid NFL players never really get a shot.

He just doesn't have any ability other than kick returning, in an era where kick returners have less worth than ever. He can call it a career, and semi-retire at age 20something, or start a business with his significant nest egg he's likely built up. He will be better off.

in 2013, he made as much as I make in 15 and 1/4 years for doing literally nothing. he's got little worries at this point, or at least shouldn't.

Not sure what his first contract was for, but if his 4 year career was comparable, that means he made as much in a few years, as I would make in about 61 years (at current rate) Pretty good for a 7th round pick, eh?

This year, he made my year's salary just for a workout bonus.

Makes it even more mindblowing to see these idiot NFLers blow 20 million dollars in a few years.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Mariani did have his own style.....one of the few returners that timed the ball and caught it on the run. Fisher will probably pick him up....
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1