2014 Winter Olympics thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Razorbacks, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Of course the US is # 1. Look what Rocky did to the much bigger Ivan Dragof several years ago. USA, USA. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Hockey is so much part of the Russian psyche that Dmitry Chernyshenko, president of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Organizing Committee, recently reeled off the names of three American horror films he watched as a youth _ “Nightmare on Elm Street,” “Friday the 13th” and “Miracle on Ice.”

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

This calls for The Hockey Song

4. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

5. The Hammer

That will be a good one. Canada is not playing that night so will probably be watching the USA-Russia game. Four years ago I predicted the USA would win gold in this Olympics. The team that won silver in Vancouver was so young.

Canada v Finland the next day could be a scarey one for us. The Fins always play hard against us.

Some more (bad) hockey music lol

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Was able to watch some of the hockey game before heading to class, looked better than I thought even though Slovakia isn't very deep in the talent pool at all (still love you Chara). Was hoping for a later time against Russia but looks like I'm not sleeping in Saturday.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

TJ OOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I really want to enjoy the Olympics but am growing tired of the interviews designed just to evoke emotion.

It's like NBC has tried to build up the athletes by telling personal stories about a loss of a family member then immediately asks them after they medal "what would you think your dead brother would feel about this win?" type of stuff just to get them to cry on camera.

Do these family tragedy stores make the games any more interesting for anyone?

9. The Hammer

Nope

10. The Hammer

Does the media try to ram women's hockey down your throats like they do in Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar