2014 World Cup Of Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Right then,

First off I call it soccer. I live in North America where it is called soccer. I understand that elsewhere in the world the sport is called "Football." And I understand that it hurts the feelings of a bunch of Brits and North American hipster wannabe Euro-Trash to call it soccer. But it is called soccer. So that is what I call it and I am not sorry.

http://espnfc.com/video/espnfc/video?id=intl:1641853

So I was alerted by some German friends today that the USA ended up in Germany's group. They also have powerhouse Portugal in their group along with a tough Ghana squad. If you remember the last WC then you remember Ghana, despite being one of the poorest countries on the planet, beating the USA. Will be very tough for the USA to get out of the group stage and it is conceivable they might not even win a game.

And to get us primed a recent picture of one of the WC 2014 soccer stadiums:

[​IMG]
    The part I like best about the World Cup is that it comes at a terribly slow time in the sports calendar. So it is still fun to talk about.​

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

quinn.jpg

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ya that draw has disaster written all over it. ESPN index currently gives team USA a 39% chance of advancing. Germany is at the top with the worlds best. Portugal has Ronaldo who is capable of single handedly winning games and Ghana knocked us out of the 2010 Cup AND the 2006 Cup. That is if the thing doesn't get delayed in that disaster of a location.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yeah, playing in Manaus is rough

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

hmmmm, what should I watch today, soccer or paint drying :stirpot:

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

Im far from a soccer fan, but the world cup is good stuff.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

come on hammer just 3 more

8. JCBRAVE

YESSS I did it!

10K high-fives!

[​IMG]

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I work with someone from Guyana. Not the same country, or even the same continent, but its more interesting than soccer.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'm pumped. It is going to be so much fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar