2014 World Cup Of Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

After the 2010 World Cup, there's no guarantee against Ghana. Although the US played one of their best games yesterday against Nigeria, which is exactly the kind of confidence they needed going into the world cup, especially with Altidore scoring both goals.

If the offense shows up and we defend the counter, we should beat Ghana. After that, I'd say that we could draw Portugal (Ronaldo isn't 100%) as well. Germany will be tough, as always.

The cold reality is that the US isn't winning the world cup. The only good things to come from getting out of the group stage this year is getting an increased fan base for US Soccer. Other than that, it's just a fun event to watch, even though we're not expected to do much.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm not the biggest soccer guy but I do keep up with the national team and how the US players are doing wherever they play. As for our WC chances, I actually like us to advance. I wasn't so sure before our match yesterday but moving from the diamond back to the 4-2-3-1 really paid off for us and having both Beckerman and Jermaine Jones together freed up Bradley and Bedoya a bit more. It was also nice to see Beasley start over Chandler. Hope yesterday is the starting 11 we'll see against Ghana. Altidore scoring was huge and couldn't come at a better time, having him back with a lot of confidence is exactly what we needed from yesterday.

I think we'll beat Ghana this time around. I've seen them play a bit and read a few previews on them and they don't seem all that good this time, I know we have a past with them but under Klinsmann we should be fine. Turkey is ranked just one spot below Ghana in the FIFA rankings and Nigeria is actually in the WC, we should have beat both of them 2-0 but a couple crap goals late in both games made the results 2-1. I've been hoping for a draw against Portugal but after seeing Ronaldo still banged up and them barely beating Mexico in the final minutes, I would say we actually have a shot at the upset. As for Germany, I just hope it's competitive. A win and draw could get us to advance but let's hope we just win our first 2 matches.

3. The Playmaker

I have my Dempsey shirt, my American top hat, beads, and American star shaped sunglasses. I'm ready to find a bar in Huntsville and publicly embarrass myself while drinking domestic beer.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We got the worst draw.

5. rodgev

rodgev Starter

I agree with that 100% he seemed to have that Kobe Bryant personality this team seems like they have a chance to make it out of the group they seem more fun

If Ronaldo is hurt Portugal might not make it through so this first game with Ghana is huge

6. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ya we definitely need that witch doctor to keep effing with Ronaldo haha

7. The Playmaker

It's such a shame we're in this group. I loved the Klinsmann hire, have liked almost every thing he has done, and it's so much fun to watch this team but we're in the freaking group of death. You can tell we're a much better team now than 2010 but we may not even make it this time around.

Also, really tired of everyone having to bring up Donovan whenever the squad is mentioned on ESPN or any other show or site. Yes he is our biggest name but if you follow the team or just the American players you would know he shouldn't have made the team. Is Nike probably pissed? ESPN? Yeah because no more jersey sales and viewership may have taken a hit (a very slight one if any). Jozy, Dempsey, and Johannsson are all better than him right now and Wondo out played Donovan when it counted. Just wish everyone would move on.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You guys do have a nasty draw

And for anyone that wants to see it:

[​IMG]

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Italians are the worst at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar