2015 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I truly believe Peters is our best option at #33. I came to that realization within the last few days. He's a top 10 talent otherwise and to get him in the 2nd is a steal. We need a good, #1 CB opposite McCourty and he is perfect for what we need. I just hope he makes it through the 1st round.

It kinda reminds me of what the Rams did a few years ago with getting Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd round because of off the field issues. But I think Peters will be better.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'm going to guess Marshall does go in the 3rd rnd. but a lot of that will come down to 2 things. his athleticism at the combine and how well he improves in the DB drills at the combine. He has the leangth and size teams love in a CB and without any practice, he's done pretty well. And remember, unlike some other guys, he did play corner a few years ago. I can't see him falling past the 5th rnd at the latest unless he runs a 4.6 or something.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I will have to watch some more tape on him but I haven't been blown away with his first couple of practices. I think he has higher upside at FS. Maybe a poor man's Earl Thomas IF all the lights come on and he develops. I'd rather take PJ Williams at CB in rnd 2 unless Waynes somehow fell to there.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

JUST SAY NO!!! You might as well redraft Justin Hunter! I expect Hunter to blow up the combine but I've watched several tapes of him. Great athlete but not a good football player. No thank you!

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't want Peters unless we are in the 3rd rnd or later. He is a boom or bust guy and im not even talking about his off the field stuff. He is SUPER grabby in college and that is a hard projection in the NFL. We see this in the Senior Bowl practices where guys like Shaw who were pretty good in college playing college rules might have to switch to S or be taken several rounds lower. Now I dont think Peters has to switch, but he may not be nearly as good without being so grabby.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Morgan doesn't draw double teams hardly ever. But he does need a LOT of help from the other side (olb) or his side (DE). Keep Morgan. At worst he's a solid starter who was solid in all 3 phases. At best, we replace him as a starter and let him sub-in as a backup!

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Is Jenkins going to the Pro Bowl? I don't watch many Rams games, but is Jenkins playing at a Pro Bowl level?

Even if Peters didn't get suspended, I think there are 2 better cb's in this draft.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree man. Peters would likely be a top-10(ish) pick if it wasn't for character concerns. But, I feel like our secondary has some vets that can set him straight (Griff, Pollard, Wilson, & McCourty). Would be nice to have a true #1.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I know Jenkins is playing well, probably better than anybody we have. I wasn't necessarily comparing Jenkins and Peter's play as much as I was comparing their situations coming out of college.

I think Ekpre-Olomu is right there with Peters as far as talent. I give the edge to Peters because he's better but I would be happy with either one at #33.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

He's a beast at #33. I would love that pick, although, I wouldn't be shocked to see someone nab him in the last first and take a shot at him. Great position for an already solid team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar