2015 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Mike Davis and TJ Yeldon are the two guys I wouldn't mind in the 3rd round. I think they both fit our style perfectly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Here's a thought. If we don't like the trade offers to move up for Mariotta, we trade back to the Raiders at 4 (plus get another high 2nd and 3rd rnd picks) and let them take LWilliams. If Jags don't trade out, we can still take Mariotta at #4.

Webster would look like a genius....until he took Randy Gregory instead.

And if we didn't want Mariota, we could take the best pass rusher or say Kevin White or Cooper or trade back again...staying in range for a player who is a top player but also fills a need while we accumulate several high picks to fill holes with a lot of good-great players.

Just another idea...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Who would take a chance on P.J William's? Just got arrested for a DUI has prior character concerns. 1st/2nd round talent. Should see a signifcant drop in the draft could be a steal in the later rounds if he falls.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Williams to Raiders is a match made in heaven. However, if they want Carr to succeed, they need to get him some weapons. I fully expect them to grab cooper/white, than grab a runningback in the second.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Huge fan of Mike Davis... we could probably even get him in the 4th.

1st: Leonard Williams
    2nd: best RT or WR available
    3rd: best RT or WR available
    4th: Mike Davis

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Sounds good in theory but as you mentioned, the problem arises if the Jags really want LWilliams.. We make that trade with Oak, then Jax may be willing to trade out for someone to jump in front of us to get Mariota at 3. Jags may stay at 3 and grab Fowler but you never know.

Big risk. If you want Mariota, take him at 2. You never trade out in hopes of landing the guy you want at a later spot. It's greedy and that's how you get burned. When you feel strongly about a guy, you take him.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The point is to maximize value. Obviously we can always choose to take Williams or Mariota at #2. But if we get more value by trading back we should do it unless Mariota is the pick. If they have their minds made up about Mariota, take him at 2. But if we aren't quite sold on him there and can get some nice picks moving back knowing we could still take a dominant pass rusher it wr at worst....both needs as well, no way to get burned unless you really want Mariota. In which case, as you said, take him at 2 if you really want him.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yeah if you're okay with ANY of Cooper, White, Beasley or Fowler -- I'd trade 4-6 range.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we can get Mike Davis in the 4th then I'll be a very happy guy. I'm a huge fan of him as well.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Sadly he probably would take Gregory. I would be so out if he took randy Gregory in that scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar