2015 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Beasley?

Arguably as BPA as Cooper and fills a need.

2. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Only problem I have with Beasley is his size. Would like to see a bigger OLB who can play pass or run.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm seeing a big time buzz on Shawn Oakman of Baylor, buzz that he could go as high as #1. I honestly do not know much about him, but he's 6'8 280 and a 3-4 OLB freak athlete.

Anybody know anything on this guy?

4. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

He's a 3-4 defensive end. Strong, quick, has nice bend for his size. Hard for offensive lineman to get hands on him due to his length. I wouldn't mind getting him in the 1st (he's not 1st overall good yet has the potential to be though).

Lets' trade to snag
    Arik Armstead 6'7 296
    or
    Brian Mihalik 6'9 288
    To go with him will be swatting passes left and right

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Also top cover corner Marcus Peters dismissed from the team today for fighting with an assistant coach. If he declares could slide into a later round and be a steal.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't think it will happen like this but there are a lot of possiblities between now and then. But for sake of your hypothetical...

First, I would field offers. I don't need to have the same deal Cleveland got but it better be similar in value. I'm not looking at a trade chart but if they dropped 4-5 spots in rnd 1, got an extra 4th AND a first round pick in the following year, I could also go for something like drop 5 spots and get their 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year plus another pick next year to make up the difference.

So if we picked 10-12 in rnd 1 and then had 2 2nds and 2 3rds plus a very high 4th rndr, we'd be in great shape for the draft!

I would NOT take Cook in rnd 1 unless I think he's earned that grade and so far I haven't seen it. So no on Cook. So who does that leave?

Let's say...
    OLB - Can 7 3-4 olb's go in rnd 1?
    Beasly
    Fowler
    Dupree
    Ray
    Kikaha
    Mauldin
    Shaq Thompson - not really a 3-4 olb but he's excellent.

FS - Not sure any of these guys are first rnd picks...
    Smith
    Pruitt
    Drummond

SS - Collins is getting a lot of hype for rnd 1. Not sold yet.
    Collins

OT - Og is getting a lot of push to be a top 5 pick. Will Raiders or Jags protect their new QB's? Will we replace Oher?
    Ogbuehi
    Sherff
    Peat
    Collins

OG - Not all first rndrs and will the fans bludgeon Webster if he picks another Bama guard in rnd 1?
    Cann
    Matias
    Kuandjio
    Jackson

3-4 DE Luxury pick or difference maker?
    Oakman
    Armstead
    Bennett

3-4 NT
    Shelton
    Goldman

RB
    Gordon
    Gurley

WR
    Cooper
    Parker
    White
    Green-Beckham
    Strong
    Montgomery

There is a ton of talent to consider and some people not on this list will move onto this list and some of these guys will drop off this list. But as I've said before, draft picks are currency and you need to spend wisely or deal wisely (or both). We need impact playerS!!! NO WAY am I reaching for a QB who hasn't earned that grade so no Cook in rnd 1 for me and best case scenario is he earns a high 2nd rnd grade. Could change but I'm not holding my breath. Obviously a ton of pass rushers to take but it really will be how they shake out leading up to the draft. none of them are perfect but a lot of them could turn out to be real NFL pass rushers. And then there are some special players we don't NEED to take in rnd 1 but could be big play-makers. And then, we could go OL or DL...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You think Cook is worthy of the 5th pick in this draft?

I'm not sure Cooper is worthy of that spot either. We'll see IF he comes out, how he does down the stretch and what his real size/speed/athleticism is at the combine.

And I totally disagree that people won't move dramatically up and down people's draft boards. but since you think you have all the players pegged, do you mind showing us your lists for players you have as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks?

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

He does NOT play OLB. He plays DE though they do sometimes show a 3-4 look in which he plays 3-4 DE.

Watch his game against a bad SMU team and he looks like the second coming of JJ Watt. A man among boys!

Watch his tape against TCU (who lit up Baylors D for a ton of points) and it's another story. He got some pressures on the QB but was not an impact player in the game. He could have had a few TFL's but failed to locate the ball several times. Seems to tire out or doesn't have a top notch motor which is a shame since he occasionally flashes excellent quickness. Sometimes gets blown off the LOS in the run game when he's trying to diagnose the play. Does not hold up well to doubles in the run game. Would also like to see him bat down some passes with his height and wingspan.

Strengths
    Huge height, wingspan and has a burst off the ball...ocassionally.
    Can look like a man among boys and dominate.
    Can hit like Clowney (rarely).
    Looks fairly quick for his size and height.
    Can keep tackles off him with his longer reach at times and shows he can get some outside pressure.
    Best at bull rush and pushing the pocket back towards the QB...even against good OT's.
    When he sees the bc, hard for them to run thru his arm tackle because of his reach.
    Weaknesses
    Is a flash player who disappears for stretches and can wear out.
    Seems to get frustrated when he can't get near the QB.
    Endurance or weak motor.
    When doubled in run game can get blown off the ball...hard to keep leverage at his height.
    Can struggle to locate who has the ball. Had some bc's go right past him when he was watching another player.
    Should be more of a problem for his size/strength/speed than he is against high level competition.
    Legal trouble made him transfer from Penn State. Red Flag.
    Overall, he has the size, strength, and possibly quickness to be a top pick in the draft but he doesn't have the teachnique, saavy, motor to put all that talent to great use. Yet. Will he develop his technique, work ethic, endurance and football IQ to become the next JJ Watt? Possible, but also could be a bust. He's a gamble on greatness player (BOOM or BUST) type. I seriously doubt he goes in the top 5 but some team might think they have the makings of the next JJ Watt and gamble on him in round one...especially if he runs in the 4.8 range can bench in the 30's and has a good vert and broad jumps. Of course, he could have a break out bowl game and change everyone's mind, but there you are at this point in the season.
    Might compare to Calais Campbell who went in round 2 and probably had his best season as a Pro under...Ray Horton!

9. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Cook is a second day pick I was playing along with @xpmar9x draft scenerio.

Never once did I say I have every player pegged in the entire draft. After the first round it's a crap shoot. However, what I did say is your top 10 guys are usually your top 10 come draft time. It's late enough in the season to know who those guys should be. Your going to have the the guy who falls out and guy who jumps up, and obviously the guys who declares and stay.

#59 Wolverine, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well you said pick Cook, Cooper or trade out. So if you think Cook is a second day pick, why would you list him as being a possibility at pick 5?

So if you eliminate Coook, then you think you pick Cooper or trade out?

Who are your top 10 picks then that you think are set in stone (or mostly)?

Personally I think the majority of players could move around within the top 15 spots as there are potentially 8 pass rushers, a couple of DL and WR's who could shake things up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar