2016 NFL Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The most interesting thing about next year will be what do you do with these guys. If current measureables are close, there may be several 6' 230lb guys ppl will have to figure out at the next level ala Shaq Thompson. Unless Scooby really bulks up and blows up the combine ala Beasley, he looks like he'll have to move inside. Myles Jack may be a similar problem although he looks like he could bulk up and still run fast like Beasley but he's also listed at 6-1 230 and spends a lot of his time covering WR's in the slot (lol).

To me the QB class right now is not a race I'd think exciting at the moment. Cook, Hacker, and Hogan are the guys with NFL size and a shot at round 1 but Hogan and Hacker (Hackenberg is too long to type out;) did not exactly light it up last year and Cook kind of wilted down the stretch a bit (is he gonna be Sean Mannion 2.0?). Kessler, Prescott, etc are like 6-1.

I wonder if Oakman could play OLB in a 3-4 ala Mario Williams where you stick him on the right side and let him attack all day long. We'll see how Orakpo holds up and what kind of production he gives us but we don't have much depth atm.

Hargreaves is really good though doesn't quite play to his hype just yet. Have seen him be fantastic and seen him get beat too.

Considering Im not sold on our RT situation being fixed yet, we could be in the market for an OT. Stanley would have been the top LT in this draft so was shocked he didn't come out!

One of my fav players to watch this year will be Jalen Ramsey. Might he be our 1st round pick next year to replace Griff? I didn't like Winston a whole lot but Ramsey was arguably as good as any FSU player last season and without him, they don't go undefeated in the regular season. Reminds me a cross between Eric Berry and Ed Reed.

Keep an eye on some Oregon players since there will be the natural Mariota connection to that program and I wouldn't mind getting Byron Marshall in the mid-late round to maybe replace a DMC!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I look forward to seeing what some of these Arkansas linemen are going to do in the league. Especially Mitch Smothers and Dan Skipper.. Also will have RBs Jonathan Williams and likely Alex Collins coming out.

Williams definitely has 1st round potential

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

@Gut and I should just turn this in to the Jalen Ramsey thread. I'm a little surprised we're the only two that have him on the radar.

First true freshman to start the season at CB for FSU since Deion Sanders. He beat out Ronald Darby, who was a second round pick in 2015, to start as a freshman. Tyler Hunter had a season-ending injury at S, so Ramsey played 12 games at S and excelled.

Lamarcus Joyner graduated in 2013, so Ramsey moved to the Star/NB position and was easily the best player on the 2014 defense. 79 tackles, 2 fumbles and 2 INTs.

With Darby and Williams leaving early, Ramsey is moving back to CB. At 6'1" 205, long arms and borderline track speed, he's the prototype of what teams are looking for at CB right now and he has the versatility to play 4 out of the 5 spots in the secondary. He plays with Cortland Finnegan's tenacity and Charles Woodson's talent.

#33 Fry, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Let me go ahead and throw Reggie Ragland into the mix. Very good MLB for Alabama who just hit the starting line up last year and got a good enough grade that he almost left despite his lack of experience. I watched him starting in high school all the way until now, he's going to be a good one. If Brown doesn't work out then Ragland is easily an upgrade.

I also really like Jalen Ramsey, both of these guys are very good and could upgrade potential "need" positions. There are also quite a few 3-4 DEs that I like. From what I know about A'Shawn Robinson he's versatile enough, along with the size, to line up about anywhere. Stronger against the run but has enough moves to be a threat for a few sacks.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ramsey is an awesome player. I know he's 6'1 but not sure on his long speed. He does appear to have great athleticism (leaping, body control, hands) and fantastic instincts and an understanding of what teams are trying to do. Reminds me of Tyran's playmaking at LSU. Just have a knack for making big plays though I think that's more preparation, instincts, and playmaking ability.

Your clip above is a good clip and shows his playmaking ability. Forcing fumbles, int's, blocking extra points, and blitzing effectively. I didn't realize they were moving him back to CB. His 40 will go a long way towards whether he can play CB in the NFL but I KNOW RIGHT NOW he's as dominant a S prospect as Ive seen in a very long time!!! And LeBeau seemed to have great success with an awesome playmaking FS with great instincts mkaing impact plays.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Fry

I know Ramsey participates in the long jump for FSU's track team and FSU track/field is no joke.

From his bio.
    2014 FSU Track and Field: Three-time All-ACC honoree as a member of the Florida State Indoor and Outdoor championship track and field team…placed third in the long jump at both the indoor and outdoor ACC Track and Field Championships and ran a leg on the conference champion 4x100 relay team at the outdoor meet...best outdoor long jump mark was 25-0 (7.62m) and his top indoor jump was 24-11 (7.59m), which ranked No. 2 nationally among NCAA Division I football players…qualified for the NCAA East Preliminary meet in the long jump.

I'm more worried about his backpedal and his ability to turn and run. He jus hasn't been asked to do it in a while on a rep-in-rep-out basis.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

We'll see how he does this year but potentially he could be the first db off the board whether he's a cb or S because he's awesome at S at the very least. I almost wonder if he's better suited to what he's doing now...S, nickel, blitzer...letting him be a diominant player all over the field. We'll compare notes throughout the season!:)

8. Fry

Ramsey went to Brentwood Academy. #BringJalenHome.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  9. Fry

Ramsey is #3 on Kiper's initial Big Board.

3. *Jalen Ramsey, S, Florida State Seminoles

A does-it-all secondary talent who has already started 28 college games headed into his junior season, Ramsey would have been the top safety taken in the 2015 draft, had he been allowed to enter. He has length, range and exceptional instincts to make plays all over the field.

#BringJalenHome

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  10. Fry

Florida State football – track star Jalen Ramsey won the ACC outdoor long jump title with a leap of 7.96 meters on Thursday night at Mike Long Track.

Ramsey's jump was the fourth best in school history.

Earlier this season, Ramsey won the ACC Indoors title with a leap of 7.69 meters.

[​IMG]

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar