2017 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Fry, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Has Tennessee gotten a coach yet? Hope not. Never has local sports talk been so entertaining!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

SEC SEC SEC !!!

3. 8and8

8and8 Starter

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I agree or can at least understand where you are coming from with a lot of this but the committee is obviously winging it and that's a problem.

My link in my previous post is a pretty good read why putting Bama in is setting a bad precedent as far as conference scheduling and championship games goes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

SEC SEC SEC !!!

6. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

Even ESPN has the SEC Bias. According to their "misguided" FPI, here are the odds to win the Championship

Clemson 23%
    Oklahoma 18%
    Georgia 24%
    Alabama 35%

Clemson is going to beat Bama by at least 7 points, and there is no way that Georgia can keep up with Oklahoma's offense. All year long, the Sooners have destroyed top defenses, OU will best Georgia by double digits.

Clemson will play OU for the title. Clemson is the only team that can possibly beat the Sooners. That game might go down in history as one of the greatest Championship Games in history, maybe even rivaling the Texas USC game. Honestly, as an OU fan, I don't know if they can beat Clemson.

But I do know one thing. There is no way in hell that Georgia is the second choice to win the championship.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

I just saw, according to ESPN, Georgia has a 53 percent chance of beating Oklahoma, and Alabama has a 58 percent chance of beating Clemson.

Man, I wish I was still living in California. I'd drive the 4 hours to Vegas and put a grand on each of those games, Clemson and Oklahoma.

The SEC is NOT that good THIS year.
    Clemson beat Auburn, who killed Georgia and Alabama.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

SEC is overhyped per usual, this is why we had to have a playoff in the first place

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Of course ESPN has a bias. They have a big investment with the SEC in the SEC Network.

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Remember the days before the BCS? Remember the days before a 4 team playoff?

People are always going to complain about the system. It will never be “fair.”

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar