2017 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Fry, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I'm an OSU fan and I won't be watching simply because I've seen this game the last how many years in a row, and it's clear bama is going to get smacked without their LBers. I will probably watch the georgia/oklahoma game just to see how oklahoma manages though, would be funny to see them get upset after all the hype.

#351 VondyP, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I won't be watching the playoff games. I really couldn't care less about them.

I guess that's not entirely accurate. I don't want to see Bama win since they weren't deserving of the spot. Either way I'm not going to be tuning in.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You'll all be watching. Don't kid yourselves.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Eh I can find plenty of better stuff to do.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Wouldn't Bama winning mean that they definitely deserved a spot? You know, like OSU the first year.

6. 8and8

8and8 Starter

If they put Syracuse in the playoffs and they beat Clemson again, would that mean they deserved the spot?

OSU got in the first year over TCU because OSU won their conference outright in a 59-0 blowout over a highly ranked Wisconsin team and had a tougher schedule.

Bama got in this year because they're Bama. A team that is ranked outside the top 4 coming off of a loss jumps into the final top 4 without playing a game. How does a team not worthy of the playoffs suddenly become worthy of the playoffs after the conference championship games in which they didn't even play? It is especially dumb that Bama's resume weakened after those games with Auburn getting blown out and Fresno losing and they still jumped up in the rankings.

This precedent penalizes teams for winning their division and it's not even remotely following the criteria that the committee put forth.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

What gets.me is that since 2010 until this year, there was no conference championship game in the Big 12. The only reason they brought it back was because the Committee were going to penalize the Big 12 by overlooking them. They were trying to keep Oklahoma out by saying because they weren't in a conference championship, (they won the conference outright), that they.might exclude them. They made it a point to say if you don't play in a conference championship, you might not get in over a team that did. So this year, the Big 12 had a conference championship, where Oklahoma AGAIN crushed TCU, and now they don't let Ohio State or USC in, even though they won their conference championship game.

Clemson is going to beat down Bama, and OU is going to outscore Georgia. The Championship will still be played with the real #1 and 2. But Ohio State played way tougher than Bama, but, Wisconsin only had 1 loss as well, and they weren't considered over Bama.

I guess they are just gonna do whatever they want, and to hell with what we want.

I'm going to watch and laugh when Clemson wins...

8. Tuckfro42

You really need to let it go.

9. Tuckfro42

Ohio State played way tougher than Bama?! Hahaha. Please, show me how.

10. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Let it go? You're the one that asked me a question. I guess that's how I'd respond too if I had no argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar