2017 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Safety

2 Jabrill Peppers Michigan
    9 Jamal Adams LSU
    37 Eddie Jackson Alabama
    89 Justin Evans Texas A&M
    133 Josh Harvey-Clemons Louisville

3. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Don't forget about Vandy's own:
    Zach Cunningham - RS Junior

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Zach hasn't declared yet. I would like to see where they put him if he does. #14 and #4 had good games too. Don't know their names.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The latest Walter Football mock, for what this is worth, has Cunningham in the 1st.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Smith-Schuster does not catch a lot of balls he should. He flashes but is really inconsistent.

Williams is coming off a serious neck injury and seems to live off the back shoulder (which means he's not getting by people) but he's pretty solid across the board.

Ford is intriguing because he really does have great hands and one of the few WR's who actually does go up and high point the ball and wins most of his contested catches. Of course, 95% of his routes are vertical routes and he's just avg as a run blocker. Is also a good returner!

Ross is a small speed demon who also doesn't have to face his athletic level of competition often. He looks really good blowing by inferior competition, but how will he look against College's best...or the NFL's? He's a relatively poor run blocker, but is also a dynamic returner and a guy who can take a short pass to the house!

Davis looks really good - against even more infrior opponents. He has the size and skills and catch ability we want, but can we really take another project WR after Hunter and DGB?

What do you think of Dede Westbrook?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Tabor is really good, but some off field stuff and people projecting him as a top 5 pick is a little scary.

Humphrey is another good ALABAMA CB. Scary!

King has excellent ball skills and is a very good tackler. But concerns about his speed and he's very grabby (which you can do a lot more of in college). Not sure he's a first round cb if he's short and runs say a 4.5. May fit our scheme if he doesn't have to play on an island a lot and can attack the ball in zone or man with help over the top!

I haven't studied Lattimore and Jones enough yet.

Where do you rank Tankersley and Jourdan Lewis?

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why would we take yet another DT? We have too many good ones while our secondary is screaming for help.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I could see Peppers as our Polamalu! Better in the box, attacking the LOS and playing zone blitz.

Adams will fall when he runs I think. He looks slow.

Jackson is intriguing though I've heard NFL people think he'll get drafted as a CB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

DT's do a load of the work and have to be rotated. Did you know Casey is actually the only DT listed on our roster? The rest are DL or NT. The more pressure we have the less we have to have superior talent at DB. So I think getting a very talented DT that can rush and play the run is a win/win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar