2017 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He impressed me the most, athletically. I'm not sure he's a project, as he already looks to be a good route runner and has a sick double-move, but I would need to see him take over some big games before I could buy into him being a sure #1.

2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Wow, that kid is impressive.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So you'd rather have a DT to rotate in with our already strong DL instead of getting a #1 CB or upgrading at ILB or upgrading at S? Our #1 CB or #1 S won't come off the field like DL do. We will get more bang for our buck by getting new starters (than depth) and making weaknesses into strengths!

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

'Manchilds' always look good when they have SEC level talent playing against guys who aren't nearly as big or fast or athletically gifted. The question is, what happens when he plays against guys he can't just physically dominate? That's what I mean by project. We have to see how he plays against some good CB's!

Hunter and DGB were very talented athletically, but that's not everything.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

This is my dream offseason so far.

Eric Berry, S, Kansas City Chiefs
    -- Berry is one of the top DBs in the NFL and there is no way the Chiefs tag him twice. He is a huge upgrade on Searcy and give Byard a mentor at Saftey.
    Trumaine Johnson, CB, LA Rams -- Johnson got hurt a few weeks ago which may drive his price tag down a bit but he is the best CB on the market (imo) and takes care of our most pressing need on defense.
    Karl Klug, DL, Tennessee Titans -- I think Klug is a must re sign for the Titans. We have to much cap space to let such a productive guy go no matter how much he plays.

1) Mike Williams, WR, Clemson -- Williams gives our offense a number 1 guy that can take the top off the defense. Both Sharpe and Matthews are intermediate route guys and the lack of a deep threat has hurt their production.
    1) Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt -- While I still have Cunningham as a fringe first, high second rounder our lack of a second round pick means we may need to move a bit on draft day. Cunningham is a flat out playmaker who pops off the screen during Vandy games. He does more then any other LB in this class with less talent around him and would give the Titans a much needed playmaker in the second level.
    3) Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee -- I had Sutton as a second round pick last season and thought he could sneek into the first before his ankle injury. This is a pretty deep CB class and Suttons injury will push him down in the draft since the other guys will have more tape on them. Sutton can be part of the camp battle for the CB spots after McCourty and Johnson along with Cox/McCain, Sims, and Reed.
    3) Jake Butt, TE, Michigan -- Butt has the size, recieving ability, and blocking prowess to be a starting NFL TE one day and the Titans need to add someone to develop behind Walker.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

A lot love being thrown Mike Williams' way because of what he did against Auburn. He's been alright this year.

Auburn: 9 174
    Troy: 2 24
    South Carolina St: 3 44
    GT: 6 61 1 TD
    Louisville: 5 70 1 TD
    BC: 2 59 TD
    NC St: 12 146 1 TD

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would love him but do not think he comes out early

8. The Hammer

I do not think we have a chance at Trumaine Johnson as the Rams will almost surely franchise him.

Stephon Gilmore is a more realistic option. The Bills do not have much cap space and their starting LT is also a FA. Plus the Bills have young depth at CB.

I

9. The Hammer

CBS apparently does not know their ass from a hole in the ground.

JuJu Smith-Schuster is not playing well. Against Alabama he could not get open to save his life.

Adoree' Jackson may be the best CB, he is certainly top 5, yet he is not listed.

At DT Jonathan Allen and Caleb Brantley are better than most of those guys

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

It would be incredibly expensive for the Rams to franchise Johnson two years in a row but I also agree there is almost no chance they let him walk.

Gilmore has struggled a lot this year and I doubt he will be worth the money someone will pay him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar