2017 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Do you ever go to the Senior Bowl Gut? I've been a few times, and love watching the practices on NFL Network. It's amazing how guys you haven't heard of before will stand out and make some money that week. IMO it's a more important week than the combine my a country mile.

I remember watching Von Miller play that game and he just looked like a man among boys. I remember coming away without a doubt that he would be a monster.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Gut lives a little far to be making that ride to the game, but I agree the senior bowl is as close to an NFL game as these kids will see before being drafted, their showings that day carry real weight..

Look at what Dak did that day...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

That's a bummer, but I'm betting he watches the game and practices for as much studying as he does.

4. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Something to keep in mind. JR has installed the grading system this offseason. It is debatable wheter or not it is the same as the Patriots but it is still a grading system.

With that being said, Mike Williams will not grade out as one of the top five talents in this draft. Which means for us to pick him we would trade back.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Why won't M'Will grade out well?

6. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Limited route tree
    Probably won't test well (40yd dash, ss, 3-cone. etc. ...)
    Tremendous catch radius - good/ Always having to make contested catch because he can't create separation - bad
    Concerns about his neck

#516 edward nigma, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  7. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Remember when Atlanta traded up to get Julio. He was worth it, MW is not on his level. So he doesn't grade out as a top 5 selection.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think we go Rueben Foster at 5

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm thinking it'll end up being Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams.. which ever S J'Rob grades higher. Allows us to cut Searcy, free up more money. Go after a CB1 FA, potentially WR or POE in FA too? #18 is then a WR (does M'Will fall?), CB of choice, or does Foster somehow fall? Maybe Cunningham at 18?

...damn I can't wait until the draft lol

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That was a freaking loaded draft. Wouldn't it be great to have a Peterson or Jones (or Watt, who Locker surpassed in the draft) sitting in our lap at 5. This first round is more quantity than quality, with most players #3-20 being great finds. Can't worry about how sexy a pick seems, because most won't be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar