2017 Free Agent WR's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

You joke, but I can definitely see Wright wanting to stay if we keep playing like this. He's not going to demand huge money on the market and the Titans stuck with him even through his off years. Why go to a new system when you have a young rising star QB here?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Agree completely

3. KillerTitanFan

KillerTitanFan Starter

Damn I thought he was a junior.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First, you'd rather 'upgrade' from Daquan Jones to Johnathan Allen? Do you understand what DQ's role is here? You don't bring in a 285lb guy who won't consistently take up 2 blockers to keep our LBrs clean while he have serious holes in the secondary.

Our cb's are average at best, older, and seriously overpaid. We need a S to play next to Byard (jury is out on him as well) and the strength of a 3-4 zone blitz D are the LB unit and NT.

Allen is a very good player but not what we need.

We don't need to spend a first round pick on an OLB except a zone blitz D can't have too many good pass rushers. Myles Garrett? Yes please. Tim Williams? I wouldn't be crying, but we have bigger needs at positions of need IMO.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

No love for Dede Westbrook???

Ross is the quintessential speed demon - even making Adoree backup - but he also had 2 knee injuries I think. Check out Westbrook! Both are impressive! Corey Davis brings up too many problems with raw (with potential) WRs who never develop!

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't like losing 'young' talent and he shouldn't be huge money as a slot. Of course, if he thinks he's more than a slot, he might check out his options. I could see him taking less money and catching 100 balls in NE. They LOVE his style wr!

Say no to Alshon! Say YES to Jamie Collins at LB!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I think Allen is too talented not to take. I understand theres a bit of redundancy but he would just be BPA if hes available at our first pick. Maybe talk about a trade down or see if another top prospect falls.

Jets did the same with Leonard Williams a couple years ago and they got a monster of a player.

I want Ross big time.

Berry/Collins would be big playmakers. Wonder what % chance they hit FA

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

How would you play Allen? Start him over Jones? As good a player as he is, he's not tying up blockers as well as DQ so that hurts our run D...which is the first priority of the defense. Or you take him with say a top 15 pick and make him a backup behind Casey with 15-20 snaps a game? I don't see them doing either and remember, Robinson wants big nasties. Allen isn't that for a 3-4 D.

Ross really reminds me of DeSean Jackson. Light and undersized, but lightning quick and a true burner. When you have Adoree 'breaking' his ankle trying to come out of his backpedal and then playing off him, you KNOW he's FAST!

Watch some Dede Westbrook and let me know what you think of him. Another speed kills guy with return ability! Ridiculous stats on his recent stretch of games!!!

If Collins hasn't been re-signed to the woeful Browns come FA, I think we have a shot! Would 'complete' our LB starting unit and can do it all. Don't know about the smoke coming from fox borough on the trade (were going to phase him out of the starting unit) but he's playing great for the Browns showing he can cover, get pressure on the blitz, blow people up on he run, can out run you to the sideline and is a legit 250lb ILB. And should Rak get hurt, he can play outside too!!! What's not to like?

Don't see how Berry isn't available. But will he come here? Or do we want to draft another S?

9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

DQ is a very good player, but his rookie contract is up next year. Would he be an expensive player to resign? Probably not. But what if you could get an upgrade in a guy like Allen, who'd also be cheaper for 4 years, and have a chance to be a superstar with Casey. It's all hypothetical since we have no idea where our picks will be and who will rise and fall in the draft process, but I'm never opposed to getting more stud DL's to get after Luck and Brock.

I also certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over getting a Flash WR to take the top off though.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

The minute you said Corey Davis is this raw WR implying he is all potential is when I realized you have never watched him or read one scouting report. One of the most polished WR coming out if not the most. He reminds me of a small school Amari Cooper.

• Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar