2017 Free Agent WR's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Allen would hurt us comparatively in the run game as he isn't as good at tying up blockers to let our LB's roam free (how the 3-4 stops the run). More upside as a pass rusher, sure...but we don't NEED him for that. Klug is a pretty darn good pass rusher next to Casey. So it's a luxury pick. You don't buy new rims on your car when you need a new tire because the old one is flat. Thew new rim doesn't do much for you if your car is stuck in your driveway.

DQ isn't expensive and we have Blackson too. And Johnson. We are pretty stacked at DL. Two bad we can't say the same for even our starting secondary!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First, I've watched 4 of his games. Second, I think you misunderstood my meaning. When I say he brings up problems we've had with raw potential WR's who don't develop, I mean we've had several big WR's who either came from small schools (Calico) or were more raw (Hunter) or were raw from not playing (DGB). We couldn't develop any of these guys. I don't think Corey Davis is a finished product who could skip training camp and still start on day 1 (forget about him not knowing the plays).

If you think Corey Davis is Amari Cooper in a 6-3, 215lb body, then you can start looking at someone else because we won't have a shot at him. Cooper went #4. A BIG Cooper would be the first non-qb not named Myles Garrett to get selected.

Does he have a lot of talent? Yes. He caught like 10 catches and 150yards on Michigan State last year. But he also struggled against Ohio State last year with just 6 catches and a 7ypc average. Not exactly Amari like consistency! Especially if you think he's Amari but BIGGER!!!

He's polished for a smaller school guy, but that level of detail has to ratchett up to play against better college talent and then up again going into the NFL! Everyone is too good, too fast, too talented for you to play with (relatively) sloppy technique and still think you're gonna win!

I wouldn't be crying if we took him because we KNOW JRob and MM would love to have a huge #1 WR who can flatten people in the run game, give us a legit threat needing double teaming as well as a feared red zone weapon!!!

Do you think he's a lock to be a top 3-5 pick? I don't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Jabrill Peppers

He can't cover, has piss poor ball skills. No INTs ever and does not have a single pass defended this year.

He is destined to be another Marc Baron. A SS who gets moved to WLB.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

5. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

As a corner, I don't think he's worth more than a 3rd. He gets beat way too much for an NFL corner.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Titans should offer Kendall Wright a similar deal to what Rishard Matthews got.. something like 3/15 is fair for both sides IMO.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I was really excited when we got Johnson, he was who I wanted because he can do so much more than just eat up space at the NT position. He hasn't had much opportunity, like Dodd. But he is behind a vet in Woods, who's played well enough this year. I still think Johnson should turn into a good player. I think he may be a starter before Dodd simply because I think Woods is on a shorter contract (1yr?).

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I have a feeling this staff does not like the Ken Doll that much, could be wrong

9. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

I'd be all for that. I think predicting KW potential contract is incredibly hard. It's hard to know if other teams see him as a #1/2 receiver or just another slot receiver.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I feel like that narrative has changed in the last few weeks. Wright has really shown up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar