2017 Free Agent WR's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree that it's difficult to foresee what his market may look like. Anything that blows 3/15 out of the water is kinda ludicrous IMO though.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Let's hope it keeps going that way and they see the value

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

My best friend is a pats fan, he hated that they traded Collins. But they did so because his contract was expiring and they didn't have the cap space to resign him. So instead of losing him for nothing, they traded and got something back for him.

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

That logic works for most teams, but I actually disagree with it for the Pats. I would argue Collins is more valuable to the Pats for the remainder of this season too. Even if they lose him for nothing, they still would get the remainder of the season and the playoffs from him, and that's very valuable!

If you're not a team in a title hunt though, that makes perfect sense. This is one time that I'm not sure I'm on board with a Pats move.

5. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

My thoughts ...
    I don't agree with the perception that we need a #1 receiver. This would be nice. But I feel it is a luxury, not a need. The more Marcus develops confidence with the group we have, the more consistent the passing game will become. We need speed and playmakers at the WR position (I agree), but our focus this offseason should be on the defense.

If we drafted a WR in the first round, I would stay away from Mike Williams and JuJu Smith - Schuster. I'm just going off what I see but, Williams seems disengaged at times. I can't put my finger on it, but his vibe scares me. JuJu is Dez Bryant on the sidelines without Dez Bryant's passion/play on the field.

If we drafted a WR in the first round, I would focus on John Ross III or Corey Davis. Ross has injury concerns, but is electric. Everyone's question about Corey Davis is level of competition (watch his game against Michigan State).

If you can ball, you can ball regardless of competition. When reviewing tape, you just have to know what to look for.

Offseason rules:
    1. DO NOT WASTE TIME ON OR WITH ALSHON JEFFERY.
    2. I HATE TO SAY THIS CAUSE I THINK HE IS THE BEST WR IN THE LEAGUE WHEN PLAYING, BUT STAY AWAY FROM JOSH GORDON (if he can convince you that he is fully dedicated to focusing solely on football, he is without a doubt worth the shot)
    3. DO NOT WASTE TIME ON OR WITH MICHAEL FLOYD.

I would focus on someone like Kenny Stills in free agency. He would provide exactly what this offense needs (Speed to stretch the field, youth, and a good head on his shoulders, etc. ...). He has struggled with untimely drops, but secondaries would definitely have to pay attention to him:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

They're still winning and looking good. I don't think Bill cares lol.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First, he doesn't have poor cover skills. He had like 10 PDs last year when he played more of a S role. 10 PDs for a S is a LOT!!!

He has no PDs this year because he rarely covers anyone except the TE who frequently blocks because Michigans D gets a lot of pressure. He spends most of his time keeping teams from getting outside strong side and attacking the los....which is why he has a ton of TFL's.

I don't like how he's being used this year because I think he does need more work in coverage at S, but we play a very different scheme than Barron's team. Polamalu spend 90% of his time in the box and usually only played deep on 3rd and really long. Point is, he's a weapon and a unique player. If someone designs a role for him to suit his strengths, he should be special. If they don't, he could be ok with flashes of greatness and may be 'known' for his return skills.

I think his size and lack of INTs will scare some teams away that want to just plug him into their scheme. Look at Tyrann Mathieu...move him around to utilize his strengths and he's an excellent player! Same deal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I have a couple of friends who are die hard Pat's fans and he just about fell over when he found out they lost Collins - who he described as the best player on their D!!!

Clearly he is one of the TOP LBs in the NFL and can do it all. Why trade him now? Belicheck may want to send his team some message but his backup isn't good and they have no pass rush (something that Collins can also do well). They are getting a 3rd round comp pick for him. If they kept him and he helped them win a SB, and then leaves via free agency, the Pat's still get a 3rd round comp pick value.

Only way this way works better is if they win the SB anyway and then go on a massive shopping spree (they don't have the cap for it unless they are getting rid of Brady...lol)!!!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You still about keeping Wright?

Think its safe to say he's gonerz.

The rest of your list Im down with.

10. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Im not gonna sit here and pretend like the Titans are too good fo pass up on pursuing wrs like Jeffery or Pryor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar