2017 HOF inductees.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Yea and no. The 2K season is definately what got him consideration. 2 SB, 1 as MVP was the rest. Add that he seems like a standup guy and I think that's his entire resume.

2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Add his battle with illness that's a factor for sure

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I really had no problem with any of the selections. I am actually old enough to remember Kenny Easley, and he was a stud back in the day (just played on some pretty real bad Seahawk teams back then).

Regarding TD...comparing him to CJ is not appropriate. TD basically took over the Super Bowl against the favored Packers (who at the time had a pretty star studded D line), and is a two time SB champ (two more than CJ). He was a stud, and did take several years to clear the hurdle here. I am good with that.

While I do not have a big issue with Jerry Jones getting in, his "speech" last night was somewhat self serving and nauseating to me....the others were pretty good.

On a separate topic, my gut is that LT is angling for a post football career in politics based on how he ended the speech last night. That is all I will say about that in this forum, however.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Statistically it's very fair to compare the 2. CJ actually has more career yards and they're even in TD.
    As far as Hall consideration, I agree with the extra that Davis has on his resume, that he is well above CJ.
    Problem is, I still don't think Davis is a HoF. 7.5K and 65 total TD with the bulk of his career in 4 seasons.

The battling injuries thing should actually be reason why he isn't in. McNair battled injuries, Bo Jackson suffered a career ender as he was considered a top in the league, and as I brought up earlier, Sterling sharpe has just as much reason as TD.

I just think he's another good player that should be on the outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar