2017 NFL Draft: Day 1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don't think anyone panicked. I think they played the cards they were dealt.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah panicked probably too strong a word. Had to go to plan D after Chicago's move probably a better description.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Chicago makes me sick.

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets have been "making calls" regarding a potential Sheldon Richardson trade.

The Jets are making a last-ditch effort to move Richardson, a player they've been unsuccessfully shopping all offseason. Richardson is a one-time Pro Bowler and a former Rookie of the Year but teams have been hesitant to give up picks for him as he enters his walk year. This weekend might be the Jets' last chance to trade him.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Apr 28 - 4:50 PM

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think JRob did a great job of reading the draft after Trubisky went off the board. Just like last yr when we brought in almost all the top OTs, this yr we brought in all the top WRs. JRob wanted a WR. It had nothing to do with AAS telling him to take one. He guessed right that the need at WR would most likely mean that one of the top 3 would not make it to 18. Other WR needy teams also saw that their was a big gap between the top 3 WRs and the rest of the bunch. That is why they came off the board so fast. Do you really think that the Chargers would have passed on Williams if we had not taken Davis??? No they wouldn't have. They knew that if they didn't take a #1 WR right now that they had no chance to get one in the 2nd.

JRob has shown that he likes to draft the top player on his board at a position of need.

6. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Jackson would of been there in 2nd round, just like Davis would of been there at 18.

Corey Davis went 5 because 2 other WRs went Top 10 meaning someone would of traded up to get him if we passed on him. You're acting like there will NEVER be another Top TE prospect in the draft ever again.

P.S. You make it seem like "Acquiring picks" is soooo easy & JRob didn't try. Im not a JRob stan but you & everyone else what the Bears gave up to move 1 spot ahead.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

We should already have the replacement on staff, learning the scheme and preparing to take it over in the near future.

Instead, Lebeau will fall and break a hip one day and we will hire some clown who wants to run a 4-3 and have to start all over.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

You are also assuming that he valued all three relatively equal. If he thought Davis was far better than the other two, what he did makes sense.

Personally, I was sitting there expecting to hear lattimore, and fearing I would hear Williams. I'm happy with what went down.

Jackson wasn't my ideal choice at 18. I wish we had adequately addressed the position in FA, so we could have had more flexibility.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

I'm assuming you meant "would not of" rather than "would of" in regards to the players being available?

I'm sure that was exactly the reason we didn't trade out...because there were zero takers. Either that or the price just wasn't right. Both picks used up almost all of the allotted time, which leads me to believe JRob and co. did their best to find a trade partner.

And, if that's the case, I'm fine with it!

...And no, I don't think it's easy to acquire picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I see it different. It's cool. Already explained multiple times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar