2017 Stanley Cup Finals

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Milbury is a twat. When asked what we had to do to get past Chicago he said "Well they're not gonna get past Chicago."

Then went on to say something along the lines of "better luck next time, Nashville."

F*ck that guy.

Not trying to push this to Taboo, but I'm pretty sure he's racist and/or the least fun person on the planet.

Dude clearly hasn't gotten a BJ in quite some time... maybe the NHL's golden boy Crosby can blow him.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Quoted because that deserves to be read twice.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

3!

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Milbury is a twat. When asked what we had to do to get past Chicago he said "Well they're not gonna get past Chicago."

Then went on to say something along the lines of "better luck next time, Nashville."

F*ck that guy.

Not trying to push this to Taboo, but I'm pretty sure he's racist and/or the least fun person on the planet.

Dude clearly hasn't gotten a BJ in quite some time... maybe the NHL's golden boy Crosby can blow him

fore.jpg

To Chicago, St Louis and Anaheim....

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont understand Pekka's deal in that building, and it seems like his issues are always on the same end of the ice. I think something about that place throws him off for whatever reason. His career #s total are .917 sv %, 2.38 goals a game. Against Pitt, that save % is .880 and goals against is .3.57. The Penguins are obviously always good, so #s being a bit worse is expected, but they are quite a bit worse. I dont have the home/road splits, but obviously, a lot of that is on the road vs Pitt. I almost wonder if there is something about the arena, or maybe even the black uniforms that throws him off. Whatever it is, he is a different player in that arena than he is anywhere else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. RTH

RTH Meh...

His vision there came up multiple times when I'd catch people talking about it on the radio.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yeah, I mean being a goalie is a little like being a hitter (really closer to catcher, but youll get my point) in baseball. In that, certain places they just dont see the ball, or in this instance puck well. And someone can correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like all the meltdowns, have been on the same end of the ice. I do think their is something about that arena that throws him off a bit, and I think it is specifically when he is tending the goal on the right (right as in, from the tv angle).

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Some former and active players said playing in a rink when the opposing team is wearing black jerseys makes it hard to track the puck.

So it is possible that could be the problem.

If he goes on to only allow 1 goal and have like a .960 save percentage game 6, I'll believe that theory even more.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

My brother is a goalie and pro goalie coach, it's a tough position to play. Alot of it is mental, they need a very short memory of the last shot, goal or game.
    Defence or forwards make a mistake and the goalie is there, goalie makes a mistake and it's more than likely a goal.
    They are a different breed, very superstitious.
    You would be surprised how many pro goalies can't get over little mental blocks.
    Fleury had issues early in his career, changed his pads from yellow to white and it made a huge difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar