2017 Stanley Cup Finals

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well, 1 goal against tonight. If the black jersey thing really is an issue (and Ive never played hockey, so I have no clue), then why would the league allow black jerseys? In baseball a pitcher cant wear white sleeves for the reason it can make the ball more difficult to track. Regardless, he was certainly a different player in Pitt than he was in any other building throughout the playoffs.

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

• LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The Preds had their chances tonight and couldnt capitalize, but yeah, that should have been an OT game. The goal that was waved off might be the worst piece of officiating Ive ever seen in a championship game/series in pro sports.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

oh well

@Riverman you were right when you said this year's team was "different".. i rolled my eyes at first but it was a good ride.. good to have something to look forward to watching in the summer.. good for the city too, alot of positive press and $$

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Apparently NBC was offering free hats to fans of they gave up their anti milbury signs before the game:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nbc-b...et-rid-anti-mike-milbury-signs-001454063.html

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

And they are fairly young outside of Rinne and Fisher (who might be done). They should be competitive going forward, so hopefully we will get a few more deep runs over the next several years.

7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

**** crosby. **** the refs. **** Mike milbery. I don't mind losing fair. We may have gotten killed on game 7 for all I know. Getting absolutely gang raped by the refs on 2 occasions is unacceptable.

Next year, the stars are young still and the organization has built depth. I'd love a top line goalie and maybe another skilled center behind johansen. If poile can add that we should make another deep run.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'll admit it hurt a lot to TWICE have first goals waived off in two games. And it DID affect the momentum. But this last game we had at least 6 really good chances to get the puck in the goal. We just didn't elevate the puck and hats off to Murray. He was great again last night. That go ahead dribbler that climbed and deflected off Rinne's shoulder made it all the worse.

But the run was PHENOMENAL. The city came alive. Preds are young like others mentioned and they'll be in it for a few years least. And I hope that some of this teaches Amy Adams how you treat loyal Titans fans. This city wants to support a team but it has to be more of a two way contract the way the Preds brass does it. I have mentioned in survey after survey that the Titans need a loyalty rewards points program and they need to give points credit for past season ticket purchases. Then set up a "store" and allow season ticket holders the opportunity to pay with points for quality merchandise- field passes, autographed jerseys, hats, concessions, exclusive player events, T-Rac or cheerleader appearances etc. I digress........

I'm looking forward to next season with the Preds.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

feels bad man

10. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

The Preds got robbed! I guess Pitts has the refs in thier pocket in hockey too! image.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar