2017 Titan Free Agent class

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

What makes you think the Jets game planned for us? From everything I've read both teams were quite vanilla. It all comes down to matchups, and they won more than we did.

They're QBs were way too comfortable, they sacked us 8 times, again our defense allows a first drive TD like 12 games last year.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Patriots lost to the Jags

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Brady didn't play and it was tied 3-3 by the time both teams starters were out.

Let's talk about the Titans though.

4. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

I didn't watch the game. But I believe they are trying to go all out this preseason to create an illusion that they aren't tanking. That is why I believe they game planned.

On the 8 sacks. (Like I said I didn't watch the game. Only stats I looked at is what we allowed McCown to do.) how many sacks did our starting offensive line give up?

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Preseason game one and you're saying a team is already tanking, game planning and yet you admit you didn't watch the game?

Maybe they just have more pride or are a better roster? Either way that's not a glowing sign of confidence for our guys.

I'll admit I didn't watch the game, that's why I started this thread. I was hoping someone could give some positive feedback on our marquee free agents we spent a lot on this summer, and everyone was telling me they were studs. I'm waiting to hear/read ANYTHING positive.

6. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Lol dude. If we played jets week 1 they would not walk down the field on the opening drive.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lookup Paul kuarskys twitter for a link to his player by player breakdown

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

But this is what you start with. Great analysis, not to mention, seems very subjective.
    The preseason game that neither team cares about ended 7-3. How much effort in winning do you think either team put into this game? The defense looked bad for the 1-2 drives the starters were on the field. Guess what? That's going to happen on occasion during the regular season too. That includes every defense in the league. The OL giving up 8 sacks throughout the game, as asked already, how many by the starting 5?
    I'd rather them play like crap now, during the preseason, look for the things to improve on for the regular season rather than go 4-0 in the preseason and fool themselves into thinking they're better than they are and don't need to work on anything.

Are you rooting for these guys to fail to prove a point or because you don't like them for some reason?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I wasn't making subjective opinions, just stating facts. I'm still waiting for someone to say something good about the forementioned players, but all that is happened is people have made excuses for 1st preseason game/Jets tanking/Jets gameplanning/Jags beating Pats/etc.

Where's your analysis? How did Logan/Sly/Cyp do?

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Except this:
    "Cyprien had a TD caught right in front of him(coverage)."
    wasn't a fact at all. Rewatch the replay of that TD. Cyprien was covering a completely different guy about 5-10 yards away.

"Sly Williams had an undrafted free agent start ahead of him."
    Have any idea why a coach would make this call? Maybe this game is just a preseason game and a rotational guy like Sly isn't necessarily a "starter".

Ya, Ryan got burned. I imagine that will happen from time to time. I'd like to see a whole game of play from him to see if this will be the norm. One drive isn't enough to make any decisions.

In a 7-3 loss, there really isn't a whole lot of good that can be said, but it's preseason, so who cares.
    For as tough as you seem to be on these guys (one just for not being starter), I would think you could have started an entire thread on how bad Tanney was.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar