2017 Titan Free Agent class

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Now Sly is just a rotational guy? LMAO

Logan Ryan played 1 drive, gave up 3 catches for 73 yards. I'm so happy you're pleased with this.

I expect more from Marquee Free agent starters than I do about a 3rd string QB who should never see the field, but I love the fact that you are now lumping in Cyp/Sly with Tanney. That about proves why myself and Gut were so upset about their signings. But oh well, same ol Titan homers.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

No injuries = we win. It's only preseason, look at the jags , texans , clots, dolphins , lion's. Their injuries are mounting up, you think those team give a s**t how they preformed week 1 preseason or more concerned about the injuries mounting on them.
    These next 2 home preseason games should be more telling about our team. But 1st and foremost , no injuries = a successful preseason...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Reading comprehension is not there I see. Not sure how you saw I was happy with Ryan's play.

I'm just not going to cry about a preseason game that doesn't matter and I'm not going to pretend the players don't also feel this way about preseason.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Fans wanting to see their team come out of a game without injuries is a given.

Why is it so bad for others to want to see some sort of progress translate, after FA, the draft and these guys putting in hard work during camp?

"Our marquee FA's looked like trash in 1 v 1 match ups, but that's okay. They're healthy." Is like going to Red Lobster and saying "My service and food and trash, but at least I got free biscuits."

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Everything except the record matters. How guys play, how they compete, how they handle adversity, it all matters. I don't care if we lost or won the game, I care that our starters looked like crap to an even worse Jets ballclub. Comprende?

I guarantee you every single guy in that locker room cares about what happened saturday, it means alot to their future success whether or not you believe that.

6. HurrayTitans!

That's the problem with preseason play, there is none.

Sure, I'm sure all the backups fighting to keep a job care a lot.
    I'm sure the starters are slightly concerned they played like crap in the 1-2 drives they were in the game but also are aware that if they player an entire, meaningful game, the chances to redeem their play is there.

You're making much to do about nothing.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It's that soft ass attitude I thought JRob was trying to eradicate from the Titans, I guess it stems from some fans too. There's a poster hanging in my office that might offend you...

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

ITS PRESEASON!!!!
    It's the first game play any players have had on the year. I somewhat expect some bad plays. Unfortunately, you're judging their entire upcoming season on the 1-2 drives or less that these guys played in a game that doesn't matter.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

To each their own. I only care about coming out of these meaningless preseason games injury free. I'm not denying that the team looked like trash but look at the jags, their marquee top draft pick looked good in that meaningless preseason game sure he's hurt now but damn it he looked good during that meaningless preseason game...

What this past meaningless preseason game against the jets reminded me of was another meaningless preseason game I did see many moons ago. Steelers vs Eagles, Rod Woodson looked like crap and was giving huge plays throughout that meaningless preseason game. Man it gave me the idea that he might not have a good year that year ( he always played well against my Run-N-Shoot Houston Oilers), Boy was I wrong. That meaningless preseason game that Rod Woodson looked terrible against the Eagles , was just that ...a meaningless preseason game, he made the ProBowl that year.
    Now I'm not saying that L. Ryan will be a ProBowl corner...no , all I'm saying is that while the team looked bad , we did come out injury free out of that meaningless preseason game.
    These next 2 home preseason games should tell us more about our team.

10. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Tom Brady completed 0 passes. Bum should be cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar