2018 QB Prospect Jake Browning

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by abc2330, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Since you can already forecast both Mariota and Brownings NFL career, what will those careers look like - specifically? Will Mariota be out of the league after his initial contract? Is Browning gonna be a Hall of Fame QB???

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

:hugelaugh:

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

It's my opinion of course, but I see things Browning showing attributes that Mariota lacks. Namely the touch on sideline back-shoulder throws and to the back of the end zone, ball placement, poise in the pocket, eluding pressure and throwing really well on the run. The passing game wouldn't be as limited with him in there.

Here's his day yesterday. In all fairness, the defense sucked, but some of these are clearly NFL throws that Mariota hadn't down the ability to make. It's not all about the long ball IMO, which he also excels at.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So again, if you know how Mariota and Brownings careers will be, can you enlighten us?

Browning looks good on a highlight reel...who doesn't? I haven't studied Browning yet but I haven't seen a single throw on your highlight reel Mariota can't make. Mariota coming out of college also had great accuracy and ball placement. Take a look at one of his highlight tapes to compare. When Mariota is not successful, you dwell on the bad passes that 'prove' he can't make this throw it that throw when the reality is consistency. Mariota didn't have great ball placement on his last fade to DW in a previous game, but how good was his throw to AJ when AJ got called for PI? It was a perfect throw. We end up losing the game and your takeaway is that Mariota can't make a throw he just made. Don't confuse success with ability.

It also helps when you're Browning and an over thrown pass into the end zone is turned into a one hand TD by Pettis!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

...His other arm was being held by the defender.

None of us are talent evaluators, but I just used the highlight reel to illustrate the finesse throws he makes consistently. I don't see that type of trajectory or touch from Mariota. He can hit open guys and fit it into some tight windows, but it's a game of inches in the NFL, and I see Browning placing the ball where absolutely nobody but the receiver can catch it and throwing guys open.

In no way am I indicating that Mariota will be a bust. If he cleans things up, I wouldn't complain at all about him being the QB.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I can't really imagine much of anyone knowing much about Jake Browning other than maybe watching him the last 2 weeks.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

4 touchdowns from Mariota today

yawn

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I just stumbled onto him while watching highlights of a different draft prospect.

His stats right now are outstanding, but he's in a good system against weak competition. However, I invite anyone to watch him play. He's the real deal. His pocket presence and ability to throw guys open is far more advanced than what Mariota has shown. Just a guy to keep an eye on if things aren't better by next year..

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Washington is #4 in the rankings this week. Browning is no longer a secret.

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

A QB named Jake that plays for Washington?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar