2018 QB Prospect Jake Browning

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by abc2330, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

His ability to throw guys open? Is that what you call underthrowing John Ross consistently downfield? Did that amazing pocket presence keep him from not feeling the pressure that forced a S in the end zone on their last drive? He's been very inaccurate the last couple of weeks. But he's far advanced of Mariota who doesn't have a JohnRoss to throw to?

Consistency over time is a much better indicator than a highlight reel. Browning will become what he's gonna become, but I'm not nearly as impressed as you. And when Ross bolts to the NFL...we'll really see what he can do.

#31 Gut, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

NO

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

No...?

4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

No to anyone named Jake from Washington.

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Better yet, let draft another "vince" from Texas.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The kid is a true sophomore, of course he's going to get rattled and make mistakes. Mariota went through periods of startling inaccuracy in college, and let's not pretend he wasn't surrounded by the best talent on the field in nearly every game that he played.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Startling inaccuracy? When?

Which WR did Mariota have that was a first round pick? Second round pick? Third round pick? He had a top tackle and Freeman who's probably a 2nd-3rd round the and a lot of fast guys that only worked well because of his ability to successfully execute the scheme.

Browning has a legit 1st round WR and Pettis is pretty solid.

So if Browning is gonna get rattled and make mistakes, how do you think he's better than Mariota AND how do you think you can predict him as a great QB in the future?

People fall in love with stats. But if Browning throws a perfect pass and Pettis drops it, it makes Browning look bad stats-wise. And if Browning far underthrows Ross but he still catches it, it looks good. But projecting players to the NFL...those throws are judged on the throw, not the stat.

Browning makes a lot of throws. Some really good, some fairly poor. He's young and has a long way to go but I can't tell you whether he'I'll be a first round pick or go undrafted right now. Have to wait and see. Next year without Ross will give you a much better picture.

What do you think of Mayfield?

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Let's just say I see things in people-for what it's worth, I saw the first game of Mariota's career vs. ASU and immediately said he'd be a #1 pick (I was close).

I'm not looking at a game log for his college career, but I remember looking at them during a few of his games and he was throwing around 50%. But he showed too much promise for some bad games to sway my opinion, and that's where I stand with Browning. I

I'll admit, I jumped the gun with Mariota when I made this thread. There are concerns, but his athleticism, intermediate accuracy, and redzone efficiency should make him a good QB.

I like Ross, but I believe Browning will be just as good or better next year without him. I don't see him going in the 1st unless he runs a blazing 40 (projected 3-5 rounder on WF) but I think he can be a good NFL player.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Point is, no young who can be judged on one game to know whether or not they will make it. It took a lot of game tape to find Mariota doing things he needs to be able to do in the pros because he had to do it so infrequently in his system...but they are there...along with the toughness, heart, determination, and quick decision making....not to even mention his athleticism!

Browning is too you and inexperienced to know what or IF he can be something at the next level. Too much inconsistency...which is what we expect from a true sophomore. Ironic you jumped of the Mariota bandwagon for less.

Most qbs need a few years to develop, but fans get fooled by good results or counting wins. After Mariota first game ppl thought he'd throw 3-4 TDs every game...it looked so easy. The reality is, all qbs go thru growing pains and Marcus is going thru his.

Without a true #1 WR, it's harder to find ppl open vs good defenses. Or he hasn't thrown it to the right checkdown a thousand times do he does the wrong thing on occasion or holds the ball and gets strip sacked. Or he fumbles trying to run and do too much.

Try a more measured approach and it will serve you well. Don't try to be first, just try to be right.

And btw, suggesting Browning will get better next year without John Ross is like saying Mariota will be better without Delanie Walker!

• Boring Boring x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

True #1.....how many more times do we have to listen to that BS? You have been playing Madden too long.

• Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar