24's Mock Draft, Big Board, Sleepers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

I have considered those things, that's why I mentioned them. His spectrum lies from Alex Smith to Aaron Rodgers. Smith came from the spread, was considered intelligent, and had the strong arm. Rodgers came from the WCO, was somewhat mobile, and has the quick release that Gabbert has. IMO, either of those QBs are comparable to Gabbert. And, like I said, I think he was miscast in that spread, had lesser talent, and wasn't asked to take deep shots. Chase Daniel had Danario Alexander, Jeremy Maclin, and Chase Coffman. All that considered, I have him ranked #16. I think he's worth taking in the middle of the first.

I put more stock into his junior season, clearly you can you see the loss of velocity during his senior season. But, his velocity has come back in the offseason, and he's torn up the workouts thus far.

Hunter is rated higher than normal only because I think he's one of the safer picks. My board is essentially based on success rate in the NFL, and the only reason he's not higher is because I don't value RBs too much. He's very scheme versatile, I've seen him one cut up the field in the zone, I've seen him pound it up the middle in the power O, and I've seen him bounce it to the outside when everything fails.

2. LTF

LTF Starter

I wanted to throw out a name or two and see what you guys think of them. Both of these guys I see able to be a fit for the Titans and could go lower thank I think their skills reflect.
    Mason Foster LB out of Washington instinctive and asset in zone coverage
    Stanley Havili FB out of USC able to fill the traditional role as a blocking FB, runs great routes with good hands and short yardage power back all in one

3. 24

24 Starter

I like Foster, he does have great instincts, but he's too stiff in coverage. Plus, I think some team is going to overdraft him anyway, the MLB class this year is weak.

I also really like Havili, but I don't even view him as a FB. He'd be a great complement to CJ as a RB, like LenDale was. And, you're right, he does have great hands. I haven't heard too much noise about him, but he was really talked about last year as a potential second round full back.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Foster is a great tackler but is not good at taking on blockers. If he's protected and can roam, he'll be very effective in run support as he's a great tackler and very aggressive. If he's asked to take on interior OL and defeat them, he's gonna have a tough time adapting. He should be a special teams demon to start though. And like Tulloch, he's a zone coverage kind of guy which limits his value depending on your scheme. I think we'll see him go in the middle rounds.

Havili is an interesting guy. Not sure if his best asset is actually blocking - which is the main job of the FB. He obviously has good hands and some pop as a runner, but if he can't do a great job blocking, how early would you pick him? Pure blocking FB's can be had late or as undrafted fa's. Havili is quite versatile so if your FB is a main starter, not a part time guy and you need versatility at the position, you might consider drafting him on the earlier side (mid-rnd picks). Personally, I have not seen many FB's worth higher than a 3-4th rnd pick and that is in hindsight.

As for the Titans, I think we have more pressing needs to draft in the mid-rnds than a FB. If he's around late...maybe you take a flyer on him but I don't think they will.

Gut

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh. You're one of THOSE guys?

The crowd that watched ESPN and thought PP shut Julio down?

Don't know if you saw the game, but Julio Jones had 10 receptions for 89 yards and a TD.

Julio scored a TD vs him on goal-line where PP completely blew coverage. (nothing out of the ordinary for PP)

In the first half Julio had 4 balls thrown his way vs Peterson. Guess what? He caught all 4 of them.

Maze also dusted him on a play.

Maybe you should have actually watched that game if it was the one you were going to use.

You must be dying for whatever corners actually did shut down Julio, huh?

Let's see...

Penn State - 49 yards, 0 TDs.
    Arkansas - 55 yards, 0 TDs.
    Florida - 19 yards, 0 TDs.
    Miss State - 41 yards, 0 TDs.
    The only decent teams he had good receiving games against was LSU and Auburn. Hmm... imagine that.

If Peterson "shut down" Julio Jones, Julio sure didn't know it. He had his 6th best game of the season vs Peterson.

I guess Georgia State shut him down too, since whatever CB they had allowed less yards than Peterson did, huh?

Yeaaaahhh... re-think this one.

By the way... The Amukamara guy you're downing allowed 11 receptions all season.

Pick any 2 games Peterson played in and he allowed that many. :)

5 of Amakumara's receptions allowed came from Justin Blackmon... a game where Blackmon (better than Julio Jones, by the way) had his season low in receptions.

There's no comparison.

Peterson = Safety due to how he sucks in coverage.

Prince = legit shut-down corner.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol...

Yes, I was referring to the 2009 game in which JJ had 3 catches for less than a 10 yard avg against him and zero TD's (against PP). Perhaps YOU didn't watch that game? PP also had an awesome INT that was somehow called incorrectly.

I also mentioned the same year he held AJ Green to 4 catches. 7 total catches against the 2 best WR's in this draft in 2 whole games. He can play bump and run!

Yes, I watched the game. PP was in a lot more zone and off-man coverage (which I know you think ir irrelevant - LOL). But outside of the 19 yd catch, JJ had many catches but not for many yards. Outside of that catch he had a ypc of under 8. Of course, that's just to point out that JJ wasn't THAT dominant. And if you had READ what I wrote, I already said JJ got the better of him when PP wasn't pressing him and that PP is weak as an off-man CB.

LOL

6th best out of 12? WOW! DOMINATION!!!! 6th best in total yards but 10th best in avg. And if you know anything about football, the losse man and zone coverage they ran a lot of the time should net a top WR about those numbers - more catches for fewer yards. SHOCKER!

According to CBS sports Prince gave up 18 catches (not in zone coverage).

So let's see if I have this straight. When PP is playing bump and run - what he's best at, he held AJ Green to 4 catches and Julio Jones to 3 catches and no TD's. But he sucks.

When Prince is playing off-man - what he's best at and going against a top WR, he gets torched for 157 yards, 2 TD's and 30+ yard avg? But he's awesome?

Correct!

Gut

7. 24

24 Starter

I completely disagree. I don't know which film you're watching (if you are watching any), but PP is much better in zone than in man. And, Prince is much better in man than in zone. I could only find a couple games of Prince from two years ago, when he was primarily in zone, but he was decent, and that was with Suh. He was much better when he was forced to stick with the WR, flip his hips, and run with his man. PP is best when he can read the QB and break on the ball. In fact, all the times I've seen him play bump and run against WRs who could beat press, he struggled to stick with them. He doesn't have the fluid hips to run with them. And, every WR in the NFL can beat the press. Agreed with everything else you said though. I still think PP is better, make him drop 10 to 15 pounds, he'll gain back some of that hip torque.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh. I get it...

He "shut him down" the 2 times he pressed?? The other 10 catches they just so happened to be in zone- but I tell ya, the other couple times... he was shut down!

Dude, you're not serious are you?

Funny how other teams with much less talent (supposedly) figured out how to stop JJ, but the team with a "shut down corner" just didn't scheme right, eh?

Hilarious.

He got abused. As he was all season by lesser WRs than JJ.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Yes, I watched the games of him against JJ and many others. I disagree with your assessment. If he's better in zone coverage, why would anyone draft him in the first round? You don't draft zone cb's in round one if they can't cover in man coverage.

I agree he needs to drop some weight.

Prince I think is good but as I said before, he's a bit sloppy in man coverage at times. Sometimes he jumps up, tries to jam from off-coverage and then has to turn and burn to try and catch up. He also sometimes gets beaten at the line in press and again has to try to catch up. His size and speed helps a ton in college but won't make up for sloppy technique nearly as well in the NFL.

Gut

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Deuce...

If you read the post above, I answered this already. For a "scheme is irrelevant" person, you now appear to take it seriously - as in your opinion of Revis being 'over rated' due to scheme.

Would you agree that PP shut him down in the 2009 game. Yes or no?

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar