25 Best Undrafted Players of 2007

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ONUV, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

And we didn't sign one.

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

The only one I'd want is Xzavie Jackson, I saw him projected several times as a 4th and 5th rounder.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if we were really dying to have one of them, we probably would have spent a 7th rounder on him.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ugh!

It's depressing...

I wouldn't say this list is the same as my list. I made a list of the top 30 undrafted players...

And the Titans didn't sign one guy off there list nor mine!

For a team that can't stop the run and everyone complains we don't have a steady runstuffing DT to pair with Haynesworth, Walter Thomas would be worth a 50k signing bonus to find out.

Olson needs replacing. Harris doesn't have the agility to play OG (I don't think) and Otto is more of an OT. Why not bring in some of the better OG's that were NOT drafted (but virtually everyone had them rated as draftable players...like a Duckworth.

Our WR position is somewhat overflowing...but Givens could be out for half the season and then who starts next to Brandon Jones? Roby, Roydell Williams, Paul Williams, Chris Davis, Orr, Filani? It's quite possible Paul Williams goes back to playing CB and we certainly could use the competition at WR. We could also give Chris Davis some competition in terms of finding KR/PR's. I don't suppose Moore or Myles would have any shot...

Um...how about finding a nice developmental QB?

And considering we used a 2nd rnd draft pick on a RB means they don't have much confidence in LenDale White. With Chris Henry being a reach (and a boom or bust player), we are FAR from set at RB. We should be bringing in some of the better ones...like a Walker (too late, he's gone).

With Pac's future up in the air...we're back to Nick Harper as a starter and....Hill again? If they only view Finnegan, Fuller, and Ryan Smith as nickel backs, I don't suppose bringing in a Travarous Bain (6' and 4.3 speed) would be a smart decision, would it?

And in this draft, I saw a couple players I thought we should take late or make it a priority to get as UFA's....Ramonce Taylor was one of them. He'd be a nice 3rd down back and KR. He's got some character stuff, but he knows it's his last chance, knows VY and if he fails...you cut him for very little. That's a bargain.

The other guy is Harline...the TE from BYU. He simply catches EVERYTHING (reminded me of Wycheck). Instead, we'll see him down the road...Indy signed him!

I am less than impressed that a team with our number of holes and uncertainty couldn't sign better undrafted free agents. You'd think the better UFA's would love to come to the Titans where they could not only vie for a roster spot (if you're a K, WR, TE, OG, RB, WR, DE, DT, starter sized CB or good special teams player).

Gut

5. Overalls

Overalls Starter

The Texans only signed two of them.

QB Jared Zabransky QB (Boise State)
    LB Jon Abbate (Wake Forest),
    FB Cory Anderson (Tennessee),
    WR Onrea Jones (Hampton),
    CB Derrick Roberson (Rutgers),
    DE Deljuan Robinson (Mississippi State),
    S Brandon Mitchell (Ohio State),
    TE Luke Smith-Anderson (Idaho),
    DE Victor DeGrate, (Oklahoma State),
    WR Terry Richardson (Arizona State),
    Enoka Lucas (Oregon State),
    OT Tavo Tupola (Utah)
    P Eric Wilbur (Florida).

6. Fry

they have a better chance of making the roster

:grrhee:

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Would like to see us give Everett and Miles a look. Can anyone tell me why the he|| we'd sign Biren Ealy, a receiver who couldn't stand out in Houston despite having Kevin Kolb do his best, when Miles is out there? My guess is our scouts plain stink...

8. Fry

or he was a free agent and decided to go somewhere else?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good points gut..

Mel kiper had duckworth projected to be a 6th rounder. I'm absolutely shocked that bain was not drafted, bain was universally higher on most charts than ryan smith.

Edit: I also noticed that arline was not drafted another sub 4.40 guy who is 6'1 200 lbs. Amazing that a boat load of corners were drafted but not those 2 guys..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar