2nd Half Breakdowns: Let's Discuss...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Funny, because Mr. NFL DC got schooled by the NCAA OC in the first half.

The offence, like the defence went conservative. And I can agree with that on the offence. Run the ball, grind clock and don't take any changes. It's the conservative defence that's the problem.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If it was zone than it was it was all Hope's fault. Pacman followed Mason until somebody else threatened his zone, that's how you're taught to play it.
    If it was man then they both messed because Pacman shouldn't have let Mason go and Hope was horribly late on the TE.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

So what happened in the second half? As usual with this OC and DC, the other team makes adjustments in the locker room that our OC and DC cannot adjust to themselves.

I agree...the scheme worked in the first 20+ minutes of the game...then it all went to crap.

It makes no difference what you do early...its how you finish...and this team does not know how to finish....at least not yet.

I saw a lot from VY that was encouraging...but he has got to spend a significant amount of time working on those passes out to his left and right...he cannot throw into their feet like that.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

OK then but if Hope let Heap go completely & took on Mason who would you blame for the inevitable TD to the uncovered Heap?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

From what I heard Hope stuffed up and Heap was already double teamed.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You must not have watched the game. The problem was we did adjust, we went conservative and did a lot of basic up the gut running.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

He wasn't uncovered, Pacman was going to that zone as well.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Yeah..I was at the game. But I don't call that adjusting...I call it going conservative as you indicated...and I agree with that.

But that to me is the problem, we don't adjust during the game in response to the other team...at least not in a way the players are able to carry out.

Just frustrated that we chose to go conservative rather than keep on pushing it down the field.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Chow has been schooled repeatedly for 1.5 seasons, and apparently has a learning disability. I would just about rather see any one of you guys with the clipboard.

I was told yesterday to chill out with the Chow-bashing in public because he has a lot of family here. Screw that! The guy doesn't get it...this is NOT the NCAA!!

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Then how do explain him schooling the Raven's vaunted defence in the first half?

People need to realise, that in this game at least, the call came down from up high to go conservative on both sides of the field when we had the lead (why he called a fake punt is beyond me). I truly believe if we had played the same defence and same offence as we started out with, we would have won.

That said I agree we generally fail to adjust to what the other teams are doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar