2nd Half Breakdowns: Let's Discuss...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nah mate, I think you'll find it was Donnie Nickey who handed it off...

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

this play was talked about on the radio on the way home from the game. Nickey handed the ball off to Troupe. Per the radio Nickey had to pick the fumble up since he was the last player who had control of the ball. If Troupe had control and then picked it back up and ran it would have been ok.

This dates back 30 yrs ago to a Raiders game where they kept kicking the ball towards the end zone then recovered it. They called it the holy roller play or something like that

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

:grrr: losing to the skunk birds is bad but seriously who do you think we are fooling. We are a 2-6 team playing a 6-2 team. A win is an upset. We took themn to 1 point and lost int he wlast seconds. It is not a win but we get one step closer to a draft adn we told the crap birds who is boss. You beat us now you better not play us again!!! :grrr:

4. dlb

dlb Guest

I remember watching that game. Dave Casper fumbled the ball intentionally just pushing it into the endzone I believe.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

AJones had a terrible game today...............bad CB play and absolutely horrendous on ST.............they even pulled him and put Wade in...............He was a no show today................and Mason owned him all day

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Yeah Mase owned him all day long with his whopping 8 yards per catch. I remember Mase catching maybe 2 FD's on Pac today. He was not bad playing corner today. He didn't make a big play, but he didn't give up much.

As for him on ST, I agree, he was bad.

7. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Fisher and the Titans have won a bunch of games over the years using this strategy. The only problem with it now is you have to have the right players to make it work on both sides of the ball. This includes a running back that can continue to make 4+ yards per carry stuffing it right down the middle, regardless of the level of play by the other team's defense. No disrespect to Henry or White or Brown, but none of them can do what Eddie George did in his prime, let alone with his consistency. You can't go conservative on offense without the means to eat clock. Run, dink, run- 1st down. Run, dink, run- 1st down. Pretty soon you've taken 7 minutes off the clock and have worn down the other teams defense. We're missing that.

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I can't stand this line....

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

This is...

being OUT-COACHED!!!

And this is what keeps happening! You can blame it on Hope who jumped the TE...or blame it on Hill (who was hopelessly out of the action)....or blame the coach.

Considering McNair's post0game quotes...he basically said they were trying to get us into that defense because they knew what we'd do (jump the TE) and Mase would be wide open.

Guess Schwartz gave them exactly what they wanted...A TD!

Gut

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How was Mason's TD on Hill? Mason ran past Pacman and Hope to the middle of the endzone. Hill was on the other side of the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar