2nd Half Breakdowns: Let's Discuss...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Tung...

We are? Last I checked we have TH who gained over 100 yards and gashed them in the first half. We have a RUNNING QB. We have 2 TE's that are hard to match up with and Bennett was having one of his best games.

What more do you need?

Run, playaction VY rollout run or throw to TE, ect.

We are built PERFECTLY to run the ball and run clock. The ultimate reason defenses don't like running QB's is because it's hard to stop them from running for a few yards without leaving guys open.

Gut

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Sorry...meant Pac.

How many times do we see good defenses get caught with this stuff repeatedly?

UGH!!!

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Vigsted

Okay Vig' I've watched it over in slow mo about ten times & I wish I hadn't.

First off I was wrong, Hope vacated his spot in the centre without cause to do so.

Mase ran a post & Pacman followed all the way to the goalposts.Jones did not break off his pursuit but gave up on the play once he was in the end zone.When Mase made the catch he had 10 yds on Jones. Jones was owned really bad.

Heap took a slant to the right hand corner at such a slow pace you would not believe but Tulloch & Fuller both decided to cover him. This was where Hope moved over to assist which meant Heap had drawn 3 players to him & he was barely even running.

The other TE Wilcox was wide open at the 10 with no one even close to him & Lewis shed his block to come underneath. He was wide open in the space Hope had left at the 5.

Man it was an horrendous play by the D. When Mase caught the TD there were 2 other players that were wide open. Lewis would have made an easy TD catch & Wilcox may have gone in with some effort.

I can't believe how different it looked from what I thought I'd seen at fulll speed last night.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ultimately...

This is either the worst bunch of players in the NFL or we have SERIOUS coaching issues!

Of course, the proof is in the pudding which means...this is largely a coaching problem in various respects.

Clearly our players are capable or they wouldn't have scored 26 points and gashed a strong Ravens D in the first half. We also played aggressive defensively and offensively.

However, the players didn't change in the second half...the coaching did.

We went conservative on offense AND on defense. Not only that, but that ALLOWED the Ravens to expose our coaching deficiency (especially on D) and take the lead.

Enter VY, who drives us down into FG range...

No playoff anxiety...CHECK
    No Del Greco..........CHECK

BLOCKED FG

Oh &*^&*%!!! We still have LOWRY the same special teams coach!!!

At least one head should roll after this one....we shouldn't score 26 points, rush for 160+yds, win the TOP battle AND LOSE!!!

Gut

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Hope should have not moved over, he blew the coverage. The center of the end zone is his responsibility.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Oh wait!

My bad...according to our stats, our D has avg'd giving up exactly 27 points a game heading into this one and we gave up....27 points! I guess Schwartz and his scheme can't be questioned...

What's wrong with the offense?!?!?!?!?

Wait, I've just checked the stats again...

If you give up 27 points in a game, statistically you're playing as poorly as the 31st defense in the league (US).

If you SCORE 26 points in a game you're playing as well as the 5th best offense.

Doesn't everyone see the problem???

Gut

7. As one commentator said, ''are they in man or are they in zone, or are they in, lets not cover the reciever coverage''...

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

COMPLETELY NOT TRUE............THEY WERE IN A COVER 4 AND HOPE WAS SUPPOSED TO TAKE THE TE IN THAT ZONE..............Adam was supppose to take the man and when Mase saw what jones did he went behind him for the wide open TD. I spoke to several of the guys and it was another blown coverage and the DB coaches confirmed it.............. LT blew the cover two on Clayton's TD's but he made a great one handed Int and stopped another TD............I think LT needs a new job too but you guys have a serious problem calliung out Adam.........he sucked terribly yesterday as a CB and especially on ST..................I mean the guy got benched for Wade at crunch time..................LT made mistake but he made some great plays that kept this team in it...................Sirmon needs to go..............Tulloch is ready regardless of Fish and JS opinion..................and once again Fisher needs to go..................Fisherball is not an option with this type of D................and VY made us proud yesterday.................

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if they were in cover four, pac would have had the deep left side of the field while hope would have had the left center. it looked like sirmon was supposed to be under heap while pac was supposed to be over.

it's a pretty standard coverage.

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Hope assignment on the play called was to take the TE................AJones was to cover Mason when he went to that corner deep.............Mason broke the route off because of Adam decision...............that was verbatim from the players and team...............a mistake..............no biggy really..............but you guys want to crucify LT and he made mistakes but he alos made HUGE plays to keep us in it................Adam made no plays at all.................that is the difference. His mistake son ST were even more damming but of course you guys give him the pass because you love the thug. I am not an LT fan but I call them the way I see them and LT made some good plays yesterday....................and LT did not lose this game.................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar