2nd Half Breakdowns: Let's Discuss...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how long has thompson been on notice?

2. dlb

dlb Guest

It looked to me like Fisher decided we had enough points, don't want to embarrass the opponent by running up the score. So decided to sit on the lead. Seems he does that every time we get a lead. This is the NFL. Every team has the potential to come back & win a game late. Except us.

3. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Fisher called him out after the Miami game (Week Three).

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Seems to me we went into your usual prevent defense and just for good measure we went into Fisherball, A.K.A.: prevent offense. I am undecided on whether Fisher should go or not (if that was his call to call off the dogs on offense then he should go too) but everyone under Fisher for sure should go with maybe a couple exceptions but I just can't recall who they would be at the moment. Fisher still thinks we have the AFC championship team and keeps trying to play games that way and seems he needs to change his philosophy to accommodate the players we have now.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As I said, Bulluck made a poor attempt at a tackle which resulted in a score. Pacman either blew the coverage or misunderstood the assignment.

So who do we have you want to put in the game when you yank Bulluck and Pacman?

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Tulloch was also in on that missed tackle by Bullock. Not sure if he knocked Bulluck off the guy or not

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

You don't think he would not take the chance to run up the score on Billick? Oh man...you bet he would. Problem is the defense adjusted to our conservative game plan...and we stuck with it rather than adjust to it.

He would have put up 50 on them if we could have. And we could have put more up in my opinion but the 2nd half coaching was pathetic.

8. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

College Coaching in an NFL game is what I saw in the second half. But no I don't Fisher has is in him to run up the score on anyone.

9. dlb

dlb Guest

I don't think Fisher would run the score up. Not even on the Ravens. This team can't sit on a lead. Fisher seems like he wants to be known as a nice guy to his peers.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm going to focus on the positive. Our rookie QB almost single handedly drove us down the field with less than two minutes left. He put together a potential game-winning drive that looked eerily like some of the 19 game-winning drives #9 made in the past. Vince Young is not your average rookie. I've never seen a rookie QB play for poise. A little better blocking and we would be talking about the beginning VY's legacy.

But that's all woulda, coulda, shoulda. If we can get an improved defense for Young next year, he's going to do some special things. I keep getting the feeling this team is a few pieces away from turning the corner. Good job, Vince.

To Bongo: The reason we're harder on LT than Pac is Pac shuts down All-Pro Wrs on a weekly basis, while LT makes third rate backups look like the All-Pro's Pac is stopping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar