2nd round choice

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

personally i think the titans should take a DE in the 1st round....we realy need help at the front right now...i mean seriously...we couldnt get any form of pass rush...KVB didnt bust...i made a point to watch him a lot and he is erally good...but he needs some help.

for 2nd round we should trade up...find a way to trade up to a higher spot..the WR spot has a lot of really good prospects.

Calvin Johnson
    Robert Meachem
    Dwayne Bowe
    Dwayne Jarrett
    Ted Ginn Jr.
    Sidney Rice
    Steve Smith

but i dont think one of these higher echolon guys will be available that late for us in the 2nd....but if we trade up to an early place...we might have a shot at one of the guys (course not calvin)

but the titans are ususlly pretty quiet on draft day...so it prob wont happen

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Rice should be there
    SMith might eve be there in the 3rd
    either Bowe or JArrett might slip out of the 1st, but only to the late 30's / early 40's ... and we pick 50th

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

He mentioned trading up in the second.

4. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

I think we can trade up in the second if we see a player dropping that we like. However, I don't think you trade up now, there are too many factors. And I do think that we'll make some draft day trades. We have the last several years, it's just been trading down to get more picks. It has already been mentioned by the staff after the season that we may not have 10 spots to fill on our roster, so I can see us making a play to pick up a higher pick.
    Also I think some people are going to be surprised with who drops. I really think that we could sit pat at 50 and still get a Steve Smith or even a Rice. We won't really know until the draft starts rolling however. I would still be willing to bet that at least one of those 7 guys is there with that pick. If not, I'll be the first to eat my crow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar