2nd round go ol,pick up 2 down mlb in mid rounds

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by talldrinko, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well said.

I considered DB before, particularly Jason Allen before the "red flag" on the hip. I like thinking what kind of versatility that could give our secondary and defense overall. A guy that can hit, wrap, tackle turn and cover, and in particular cover fast receivers. I left out Allen and the concept cause I don't know the deal with the flag, but yeah, that's worth a 2nd round pick, too.

2. ya it would always help to go with a cb or s because our coverage wasnt to great last year, maybe we could use the extra cap money (if we let mcnair go) to get ty law like a lot of people were talking about in another thread, he could really help us out and put some big leadership for that position and maybe keep pacman from acting like such a punk

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

GLinks, not sure what you mean by "red flag" other than the fact that he got injured, but I've heard a few reports that his private workouts have gone really well and there's a definite possibility again that he'll go in round one. If he makes it to us in the 2nd, and we're not going to look at Law further, I'd draft him. Good player, great leader, then we'd have a strong DB corps.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

its not just his hip, he's been injury prone. he has had a lingering shoulder injury that he has to wear a harness for. then throw the hip on top of that, i'd be weary of him.

5. i think that unless we can get ty law we should leave our cbs where they are, we drafted two really good ones last yera and it would be a waste of a pic this year if we dont give them a chance to grow up and become better players, so im staying with mlb or ot

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

A real good CB that can contend for a starting spot isn't a bad deal at all IMO. Especially if the guy can play NB or FS. Still, he would have to be very highly rated before we go that route.

I seriously doubt Jason Allen makes it out of the 1st round. His workouts have been outstanding and he might be the second S taken in the draft.

7. well saying that, too bad michael huff didnt come last year because he is the best in the draft, and i think better than all the prospects were last year

8. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I bet Floyd trades down in the 2nd and buys another first day pick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar