2nd round pick options!!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This draft is pretty deep this year in my opinion. So therefore there should be alot of key quality players in the 2nd and even the 3rd round this year. I would love to see DB/KR Devin Hester from Miami to become a titan. I think he could really contribute to this team. He is a spark and Deion Sanders thinks that he could become the next PRIMETIME. Who would you guys like to see the Titans pick in the 2nd round. Mine is Devin Hester!!!!!!!!

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Is he projecting a WR or CB? I don't think the Titans will be looking at CB that early and clearly have KR covered. The Titans need a deep threat if they think Hester has the ability but I think they look first at LB or S.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Kiper thinks Sinorice Moss might be an early first rounder, he might complement our bigger receivers nicely. However I do hope and think that we look for LB, S or OL in the second.

4. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

i dont want jay cutler with our first pick! sorry had 2 say that. but i do want sinorice moss with our early 2nd round pick

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If the draft is as deep as they say at LT, then there may be some value there slide down.

I wish we had that third rounder now.

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

If Devin Hester is drafted in the first two rounds, I'll just laugh at whoever drafts him. He obviously can't play corner worth anything, since he wasn't even a starter in COLLEGE. He has relatively no meaningful experience playing WR. So he's basically a KR/PR with no other position. You don't use high second round picks on those types.

A couple of guys to look for COULD be ILB Abdul Hodge (possible that he could fall to early 2nd, though he's a bit short, measuring in at 5'11, then again that didn't hurt Lofa Tatupu or Zach Thomas), ILB D'Qwell Jackson (may not be big or strong enough to fit all schemes). Some OT's: Marcus McNeill could has been rumored to be falling a bit, he's a massive run blocking RT from Auburn, Andrew Whitworth - basically a RT, Daryn Colledge - more of a pass protecting LT type, a poor mans D'Brickashaw.

Personally, I'd like to get Abdul Hodge in the early 2nd. He's a little short, but he's very stout against the run and can hit like a mack truck. We need someone in the middle to give us some pop.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think deciding who to take with our 2nd pick is going to be equally difficult as our 1st. As I see it we might have some good options:
    LB:Thomas Howard and Abdul Hodge
    S: Jason Allen, Greg Blue, Pat Watkins and Daniel Bullocks
    OL: Marcus McNeil, Max Jean-Gilles, Jon Scott, Taitusi Lutui, Nick Mangold
    WR: Sinorice Moss

And that's just to name a few that might be available.

8. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Thomas Howard = Napoleon Harris

He will light up the combine, putting up ridiculous physical numbers. Unfortunately, that will make someone forget that he doesn't have great instincts for a LB, doesn't have a great feel for the game, doesn't seem to have a high football IQ.

I'd take a guy like DeMeco Ryans (he won't be available in the 2nd, just making a point) and his football IQ and 4.75 speed over Thomas Howard and his 4.5 speed and lack of instincts any day of the week.

9. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Thomas Howard is projected to play safety after the Senior Bowl work outs... which would create value if we drafted him in the second and let Williams continue to test the market. That being said... I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans' seriously consider Darrell Hunter ( CB ) if we can get back our 3rd for the Henry pick.

10. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

If we don't go defense in the first round, I think we have to pickup a linebacker or a safety with our second round pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar