2QBeaver Dynasty Year 5: Discussion - DRAFT IS LIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Clark, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Because you had no bearing on Reks performance when you played head to head. Reks team would have put up the same points that week no matter if he played you, Fred, sdm, etc.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

H2H is not the norm in my experience. Total points makes the most sense imo because it takes the entire season into consideration. One single game throughout a 13-game season shouldn't have so much riding on it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

it absolutely should if it is between you and one other person. if they beat you, they get in, and vice versa.

4. VondyP

and your point is???? he lost, to me. if we are fighting for a position in the standings 1vs1 and i beat him, it should be mine, and vice versa.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's fine you feel that way. But again, that's just not my experience. You're missing 8and8's point. You keep saying "beat" as if one team's performance affects the other. But this is all just random luck of the draw. Getting matched up with the one team who could beat you in a given week shouldn't end up keeping you out of the playoffs if your total points scored is significantly higher over the course of a season. Total points is the much better indicator of how good a given team is.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. VondyP

if you beat someone and then are tied with them at the end of the season, but you don't get playoffs because they had 10 more points-for than you... is that really fair? I say no. You beat them, that's the name of the game, we are in a h2h fantasy league, h2h matchups should hold some weight

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

They already hold a ton of weight since record is the single most important thing. All I'm saying is they shouldn't be ALL that matter. Again imo.

8. VondyP

as we approach this playoff season...

[​IMG]

especially to you, @rekirts

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I like h2h as the tiebreaker. More **** talking, fun to say "I beat you and kept you out". If we just cared about points we could give the trophy to whoever scores the most. Fantasy football is supposed to be fun.

But I don't really care lol. Most leagues probably do PF

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I get that aspect of it. I'm really fine with it either way. Just prefer the PF as I think it's more fair to teams overall performance throughout the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar