3-4 defenses

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim Starter

This will make the 4th week in a row we play a 3 4 defense. Does this give us a slight egde? In my opinion it has to help the line and the offense some.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Yup, an article actually came out talking about it before we played the Chargers. Players were saying how since they are playing it a lot, they are getting better against it (I think this was specifically with regards to the O-Line and pass/run blocking).

I'm looking for the link now....

(Edit)
    Here's the link: http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...Defenses/e0ddf1cd-eca1-4d41-bdc9-9b49c8a81f53

Just like against PIT/HOU, CJ did in fact have a really good game against the Chargers. Solid gains and finding holes all day along. Credit both him and the OL, as well as Dowell. Historically, we've really struggled against 3-4 D's, so its good we are playing well against them.

The Jets' D (surprisingly) is playing better than the last 3 defenses we've played against. Not to discredit the last 3 b/c they are all solid/good, but this could prove to be even harder....

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't know if it is giving us an edge as much as it was holding us back. I hope when we see some 4-3 our offense really starts to kick it up.

4. Escape Goat

Escape Goat Starter

I remember when CJ used to fold against 3-4's. Specially the steelers. Seems they have turned a "curve".

5. CaseyTrain

CaseyTrain Starter

andy reid has KC playing a 3-4 as well I believe.

6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Rex runs a base 3-4 but will also run plenty of hybrid. His scheme is not the same as most 3-4 teams you face. Wouldn't be surprised to see TN struggle in the first half, then wear them down in the second. Good luck

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Of course after seeing the 3-4 for nearly a month we're better prepared for it.

Jake Locker even said seeing so much of the 3-4 has made it easier to change your calls at the line.

8. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

We're not playing a defense better than Houston. And we played at their house. The jets have played against easy competition so far this year too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Your right and I knew that, which is why I said 'could prove' and not 'will prove.'

I know the games the Jets played so far could be labelled easier in terms of offenses they faced; Bucs struggling all around, Bills got O-line issues with a rookie QB, and as for the Pats, that day Brady was off big time with his receivers.

Regardless of all that, I have a lot of respect for Rex as a defensive mind and his players always bring it. He's arguably, along with Dick and Wade, the best right now and he's got some good talent on that side of the ball. Last year (before we hired Gregg) it looked like Rex was going to get the axe, I was really pulling for us to go out and get him as our DC. I really thought he'd do exactly to us, what Wade did to HOU.

That's no shot at Gregg (didn't even know he was an option at that time). I have utmost respect for him dating back to his first stint here. But he has to prove himself again to be on that list... But if our D keeps this up, he'll be right back up there...

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

If we are going to beat the Jets it will be through the air. That secondary is extremely vulnerable. Brady had every right to be fuming because if his recivers didn't look like amputees out there they would have hung up at least another 14 pts on that defense. Kyle Wilson straight up sucks and Milliner is proving my doubts about him right. He is still always trailing the receiver by 2 or 3 steps on go routes despite having 4.3 speed. NFL QB's will exploit that and expose him. We need to attack those corners early and often. I also think we should make sure Cromartie covers Britt since it'll serve as a nice distraction while our more productive receivers burn their sub par dbs to the ground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar